Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Good Window Tinting in St. Petersburg / Clearwater / Tampa Area

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Two questions, really. What do people think is the best window tint to reject heat and not interfere with radio / key / Bluetooth, etc.. signals. I have Huber Optik on my Lexus, and AM reception was destroyed by it. I was looking into Prestige Photosync , 3M™ Crystalline Automotive Film, Formula One Performance Film.

I really don't want it too dark, as I'll have issues seeing out of it. On the other hand, I'd love maximum IR blockage.

Also, who do people recommend as a really good / best window tinter in the Tampa Bay area.

Make sure you go with a ceramic tint. Metalized and dyed tint interfere with the cars wireless signals. I had mine done at Window Kote of Largo on Ulmerton and Seminole Blvd. I have Llumar tint on mine. Love it. Now that I've had mine done, I do wish I'd a gone darker. Make sure wherever you go knows how the window goes down as the door is opened.

Two questions, really. What do people think is the best window tint to reject heat and not interfere with radio / key / Bluetooth, etc.. signals. I have Huber Optik on my Lexus, and AM reception was destroyed by it. I was looking into Prestige Photosync , 3M™ Crystalline Automotive Film, Formula One Performance Film.

I really don't want it too dark, as I'll have issues seeing out of it. On the other hand, I'd love maximum IR blockage.

Also, who do people recommend as a really good / best window tinter in the Tampa Bay area.

I'm thinking about tinting also. Maybe we can get a discount if we both go at the same time. PM me if you would like to try to coordinate.

Of course, my outdated and obsolete 2013 P85 might not be worthy of being next to your D.:smile:

Precision Tint 727.385.8788

They did Crystalline on my car and it turned out awesome!

I was pleased with the job Precision Tint did on my Model S as well.

I prefer a light tint and went with 70% 3M Crystalline all the way around, including the windshield. I left the panoramic roof with just the factory tint.

The tint has good solar heat rejection, but the windows and windshield look like they just have the original factory tint.

Larry

FIPete is associated with some folks in Tampa who did mine with Crystalline. I'm happy with it but the rear window does show a slight bluish hue from the outside, as someone complained about in the giant window tint thread.

Pete did the tint along with paint correction, XPel, and Opticoat in the first week after the car arrived. Can't beat the convenience of one stop shopping along with Pete's excellent work and attention to detail. He's also a sponsor of the Florida section of this board, so there's a sticky thread with his info at the top.