Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

GPS Navigation Settings?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The nav is only the most basic and needs lots of work. No manual reroute or alternative routes, like my 8 YO Acura. They need work here. Traffic seems to work well and while it will now recommend an alternate route, based on heavy traffic, it will not show the alternates so we can make a decision on which to use.

Tesla really needs to partner with the many nav and mapping companies that do such a better job. I am actually surprised, with their partnership with Garmin, that the nav is so unsophisticated.

Navigation, or lack of, is without a doubt my second biggest complaint. ( Closing the frunk is #1). I picked up my D Tuesday in Dania Beach, then drove down to Miami for a meeting. If you've never been to Miami, the roads can be quite confusing. Worried that I didn't have a lot of energy to spare, I didn't want to waste too much screwing around, semi lost. Every time I tried to enter Navigation back to Naples, it insisted on routing me on US 41 ( a 2 lane road ), instead of I75 back to Naples. There are no alternative routes offered, nor are there settings common to most NAV systems; i.e. Shortest Route, Toll Roads, Fastest Route, Limited Access, etc. I finally cancelled the Tesla NAV, and used Google Maps on my iPhone. Hopefully, we get a software fix in the near future. Pretty pathetic for a $135,000 car !

Other than those 2 complaints, I love it ! BTW, made it home with 35 miles to spare :)