Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Premium" Interior accent lighting ... an opportunity for some enhancements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Dbitter1

Journeyman Member
Dec 12, 2014
Chicago, IL
My beautiful P85D is my first Tesla. And... in nearly every aspect, she does not disappoint, and I'd buy 'er it again in a heartbeat.

HOWEVER... for such an engineering marvel... for so many aspects of the vehicle.... the "accent lighting" is pretty sad. It is relatively dim (but not dimmABLE); and it is also white.

For an LED... where a $10 bulb can do all the colors under the rainbow*, as well as raise and lower luminosity, I guess I expected more. I somehow picture something more like Virgin Airlines, other than I get to pick the color of the interior cabin.

I suppose I could rig up something, but probably won't be able to rig it to be controlled from the center console anytime soon. :(

Has anyone else found it lacking, and stepped in to help pimp the interior?

* RGB Remote | G-LUX Accessories | LED Landscape Spot & Flood Lights | LED Landscape Lighting | Super Bright LEDs | Super Bright LEDs

Premium lighting dimming control is tied to the screen brightness control. At least it is in my car, which included the "premium" accent lighting, as there was not a premium lighting package when I got the car.

This is good to know. I'm playing around with this tonight!

Premium lighting dimming control is tied to the screen brightness control. At least it is in my car, which included the "premium" accent lighting, as there was not a premium lighting package when I got the car.

I agree with the OP. Now that I think about it, Virgin Airlines has premium lighting installed. :smile: