Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Leaving the charging lead connected after finishing charging.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Having run my car down to around 30 miles left on Christmas eve, I decided as I didn't require the car for the next two days so I set the charge limit to 50% for any emergencys.

When the charge finished I left the lead connected. Is there any reason not to leave it connected until I next need to drive away?

My thought is when I next use it I can heat the car up and I guess the charger will top up the battery back to my charge limit.

Am I correct or is there a problem leaving the car connected?

With the remote apps; you can always change the charge level and restart charging. Also if the car gets extremely hot or cold it will engage heating or cooling to protect the battery pack. There is really no problem with leaving the car plugged in. A plugged in Tesla is a happy Tesla!!!

I'm away from home, and I left my P85 plugged in, charge limit at 50%, 30 amps, charge after 11:00 pm. Energy saving mode. Temperature in the car is around 0C or a little higher sometimes as it has not been a very cold winter so far. Seems to recharge about every 3 days at 11:00 pm for about 30 min. It seems fine. If it does get really cold, as it can do, I trust the car will take action to keep the battery warm.