Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wrong Date & Time Displayed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Incorrect Date & Time bug saga

Bear with me on this folks.
My wife called me on her way home form picking up my kid telling me that the Date and Time were wrong in my Model S. She called about 6:30pm on 12/22 and the car was saying it was 2:30am on 12/23 (8 hours ahead). Didn't think much of it, figured I'd check when she got home and that it would probably reset itself, if it hadn't I'd just do a center screen reboot and that would be that. Well, it didn't go quite that smoothly...
I tried another reboot after the display reawoke and after unplugging from the HPWC:
Still couldn't get it to reboot right after several tries until I put the car into "D", then it rebooted, but the date and time remained incorrect:
I finally decided to call Tesla Service to see if they could troubleshoot, and while on hold and entering my phone number for a call back--the date and time fixed itself.

Perhaps I'll just attribute that to outstanding Tesla Service?

Last edited by a moderator:

AH!! Tap 3 times. I did try just touching it once to get it to open up, but that did not work. Thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

You might try a tap and hold on the time displayed on the touchscreen. Some have reported that fixes time zone related errors.

Also make sure nav shows you in the proper location, and not in Australia, or whatever.

The video above says 3 times...somehow I'd missed that tip.
And I did check the NAV thinking that the GPS was the culprit, but I was in the right location. Wouldn't have minded being in Oz though, given it's summer there right now...