Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tracking Model S 85D Delivery Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thought I would start this since it looks like VIN's are coming out for the standard D's now.

Please post your own info for the following. This one is mine:

S85D
Solid White
Pano Roof
19" Standard Wheels
Tan Nappa Leather
Obeche Wood Matte
Textile Headliner
Tech
Air
Cold Weather

Highland Park IL
Feb 2015
6985x

Thought I would start this since it looks like VIN's are coming out for the standard D's now.

Just put the info on the spreadsheet for the Order and Delivery tracking thread:
Model S Order Delivery - Google Sheets

If you want to just look at 85D orders you can use the filter feature of Google Spreadsheets.

I'd suggest we use this thread to discuss 85D orders specifically (e.g. delays if any occur). But let's not make another spreadsheet like we did for the P85Ds.

Hello! New here.

P85D
Pearl White
21" Grey Turbine Wheels
Pano
Black Seats (next gen)
Matte Obeche Wood decor
Black Alcantara
Fully loaded except trunk seats and cold weather package

Vin 64905
Ordered August 30, 2014 with my choice of delivery December 2014 (moved to San Francisco from NYC - pickup in Fremont!!!). Original order was for P85+
Confirmed Sept 8, 2014
Decided to change order to P85D, placed "new order" on November 13, 2014
Contact from DS on December 8 about delivery date, decided on January 3rd 2014. Paid for car + factory tour on December 14 to take advantage of the 2014 tax incentives before the end of the year.

So far so good. My car has gone into production as of December 23, 2014. During the tour they said that a car takes 3-4 days to complete production.

Hello! New here.

P85D
Pearl White
21" Grey Turbine Wheels
Pano
Black Seats (next gen)
Matte Obeche Wood decor
Black Alcantara
Fully loaded except trunk seats and cold weather package

Vin 64905
Ordered August 30, 2014 with my choice of delivery December 2014 (moved to San Francisco from NYC - pickup in Fremont!!!). Original order was for P85+
Confirmed Sept 8, 2014
Decided to change order to P85D, placed "new order" on November 13, 2014
Contact from DS on December 8 about delivery date, decided on January 3rd 2014. Paid for car + factory tour on December 14 to take advantage of the 2014 tax incentives before the end of the year.

So far so good. My car has gone into production as of December 23, 2014. During the tour they said that a car takes 3-4 days to complete production.

If hou take delivery Jan 3, then you claim the tax credit next year on your 2015 taxes and not 2014. Otherwise, it is tax fraud. The tax credit applies to the date the car is put into service. You have posted your Vin so the IRS can follow up with you if you don't have the car by dec. 31, 2014.

Hi,

Waiting for my new S85D to be delivered to Sweden :)

Solid Black
Panorama roof
Black Leather
Tech Pkg
Textile Headliner
Ultra High Fidelity Sound
Sub-Zero Weather package
Carbon fiber panel
Dual Chargers
21" Grey cyclones

Ordered 10/14/2014
Confirmed 10/28/2014
VIN 68675

Delivery estimated to Late March 2015

6/25/14 Model X Order
Converted to S85D order on 11/10/14
Confirmed on 11/18/14
VIN: P70872
Expected Delivery: Late February 2015

Existing Model S85 owner - 27,000 miles and DELIGHTED with my MS85 performance since March 2013 delivery! Looking forward to AWD (quite important, together with Snow Tires, here in upstate NY), and (originally expected) greater range from S85D....I have been watching the range issues of early P85D owners discussed on other TMC threads, but am confident that these issues will either (1) not relate to S85D and/or (2) be completely fixed by then. I am fully expecting even BETTER range than my existing MS85 once I take delivery in February....
Model S85D
White
Pano Roof
19" Wheels
Grey Leather Seats
Dual Chargers
Tech Package
Smart Air Suspension
Sub-zero Package

Home: Skaneateles NY

Model S85D
Red
Pano Roof
19" Cyclone Wheels
Grey Leather Seats
Gloss Obeche
Tech Package
Smart Air Suspension
Sub-zero Package
Premium Interior
High Fidelity Sound
Home: Rochester NY & Skaneateles NY
VIN 69689

Upgrading from my S85 VIN3115

Transferring my existing 19" Snows (& wheels I bought from Tirerack) to the new car when it comes - now says "End February"

Transferring my existing 19" Snows (& wheels I bought from Tirerack) to the new car when it comes - now says "End February"

You'll need to get new TPMS for that snow tire/wheel set. Tesla changed the sensors they're using. I'm not sure if Tirerack has the proper ones for the new vehicles yet, but Tesla will sell them to you for a very reasonable $50/wheel price.