Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Stratton Mountain Resort -Destination Charging

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just checked in at Long Trail House. The parking garage has about 3-4 120volt plugs scattered around the garage.

Traded in the S85 ,waiting for the S85D so we took the Volt. For folks with roof racks, you can secure your UMC or level 1 charger by using the Ski/Snowboard attachments with locks,just loop the cord around and lock.

24657bb126279f8ffaba37af458e4604.jpg

b1d2ad73d076406fc75776bbec5ae4e9.jpg

Interesting - he owns a gas station and is pro-EV?
Mike said he owns Equipe, which is a ski shop: http://www.equipesport.com/

I guess "he will get it up soon if it ain't up yet" means he'll nag the gas station owner to connect it?

But that still begs the question (which I thought, too, when I read Mike's post) - why install a J1772 at a gas station?

FWIW, I have been told that the margins on retail gas sales are pretty slim, and that many view gas sales as a way to get you to come into the convenience store and spend money on the higher margin stuff.

Well, I think he owns the gas station too. He has a 190X (can't recall the year) electric car (can't recall the make - I'm not much use, am I?) and is an enthusiast, but is also a good old fashioned capitalist. The area was down to one gas station, so he opened another, but made sure to have the 1772. It is right out front to the right of the doors when facing South.

I'll try and find out timing, but I suspect, like the Superchargers in Brattleboro, things are held up due to the recent storms and power outages.

Also, if dreadfully urgent and willing to brave a really crappy private road, I have a NEMA 14-30 at my place off Upper Taylor Hill. PM me. I have the adapter with the plug. Had a friend come up planning to charge and he only have a 14-50. I have to overnight my 14-30 to him.

Mike said he owns Equipe, which is a ski shop: http://www.equipesport.com/

I guess "he will get it up soon if it ain't up yet" means he'll nag the gas station owner to connect it?

But that still begs the question (which I thought, too, when I read Mike's post) - why install a J1772 at a gas station?

FWIW, I have been told that the margins on retail gas sales are pretty slim, and that many view gas sales as a way to get you to come into the convenience store and spend money on the higher margin stuff.

There's a charging station at the Shell station in LaFollette, TN north of Knoxville and I was sure to buy a few unhealthy snacks and drinks to pay for the electricity. Regardless of the why (I didn't have a chance to ask) I was happy it was there.