Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

brand new CQuartz Finest application

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Check out the gloss... I'm very pleased with how the CQuartz Finest turned out:

brand_new_cquartz_finest.jpg

Associated FaceBook post:

https://www.facebook.com/TLCAutoDet...56957342635/10152551149197636/?type=1&theater

I went for the full "Platinum Detail" which included using CarPro products to treat the fabric, leather, tires, etc... all turned out great. :)

Is it as shiny on Pearl White as on the blue in the OP's note? Thx.

As shiny? I'd say yes, but the effect is not as striking in daytime *pictures.* In the pic the underlying color is nice and dark and contrast-y. That helps highlight the shine under daylight. Mine, the pearliness washes out in most daytime pics.
Moonlight, now there's where you really see the Pearl multicoat, and the CQuartz definitely magnified the depth of the pearl. It flows, it moves...

Paint surface preparation is key to the shininess end result.

There are many benefits to having any professional coating applied. I also had CQuartz Finest applied, and for me the number one benefit was that my dark car looks clean longer. Second, it is a breeze to wash and dry. These coatings all have some hydrophobic qualities that allow water to sheet off with the proper rinse technique, leaving very little behind to be blotted off with a quality microfiber towel.

Every time I wash my car it looks like it just rolled off a showroom floor. If you can find a true professional detailer, it's well worth the money (Shout out to Aaron Bodle of Masterwork Detail in Tampa!). Having it done when the car is new should take less time and money as there shouldn't be as much paint correction needed... although even a new car can have lots of swirls and scratches.

Aaron spent time showing me proper wash technique as well as gave me a list of products he has found work well. Surprisingly, the products he recommended were not pricey at all. He also instructed me on proper care of my microfiber towels (no heat drying, people!)

I'm so impressed with how my car turned out, I'm having my bf's brand new Camaro done soon... It literally came out of the showroom with a crazy amount of swirls. Aaron will have a lot of work to do, and it's black so they really show.

I had my CQuartz Finest applied by Dave Miller, owner of TLC Auto Detail

TLC Auto Detail

As I said, I had the Platinum Package done (TLC Auto Detail Cquartz Finest Platinum Detail), since I also wanted the interior and full wheels / brake calipers protected. I wanted the interior tan leather coated to protect agains possible dark jean dye-transfer, etc. Sure at $1500 having all that done was a bit pricey, but I do feel you get what you pay for and Dave is a great guy, meticulous worker, and very helpful in educating about products and proper maintenance techniques.

I feel that it was worth every penny -- due to depth of gloss, protection, ease of care -- pretty much everything Btrflyl8e said.

Absolutely worth it. :)... warranted for 2 years, but could last 3-5 years or more since I'm garaging my car.