Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2½ times around the globe in 365 days club

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Today (19 December) my S85 celebrated its first anniversary. And in distance I took her over 2.5 times around the globe during this first year.

From that I was wondering, how big is this club of 2½-times-around-the-globe-in-365-days drivers in the world?
foto 3.JPG

foto 1.JPG

where one time round the globe is 40.075km.

There are probably about 10 or less Model S drivers that pack on that much distance in a year, so it's a small club. The highest mileage Model S (that I know of) should be well past 100,000 miles by now--haven't seen a pic of his odometer lately though.

You're in Amsterdam?
How can you even do that? The world is flat you know. And ends not too far East of you? And at the Atlantic, west of you
Seriously, are you a taxi driver?

Just getting back and forward to the office (+210 km single way). To make it even more interesting: In these 365 days, she also has been sitting at the marina for one month of summer holiday.

Talking about taxis, Amsterdam Schiphol Airport has now 170x Model S as taxi.

Last edited:
that is just ....friggin insane. 100k in one year.....

Just getting back and forward to the office (+210 km single way). To make it even more interesting: In these 365 days, she also has been sitting at the marina for one month of summer holiday.

Talking about taxis, Amsterdam Schiphol Airport has now 170x Model S as taxi.

is that like the longest commute ever, in history of mankind?

As I like where I live and I like my job, but they are unfortunately not in the same place and being at the office three to four days per week is a must. Returning home just for the weekend is not an option I prefer and driving the Model S is not a punishment at all.

View attachment 66503

LOL!!!

1e+05 km, they are using float notation with only two digits before the "." :)

You can report that bug to Tesla, I bet you will be the first to report it.

I bet Tesla was expecting for users to reset the small odometer often, from what I have seen most of the people keep at least one of the two small odometer without reset, since it keeps track of the average watt per mile.

Last edited:
Very impressive. Blew through the warranty in a year:)
Any out of warranty issues that have come up, considering that your warranty ended quickly!

The warranty is 8 years and unlimited miles if I'm not mistaken.

- - - Updated - - -

According to Bjorn Nyland, who has also driven 62k miles in a year(10k kilometers), there are at least 45 other Model S ownsers that have driven further(perhaps not in a year though).
See comments for https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkbIhPqj6AI