Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Are lifetime usage stats for two drivers possible?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Andyw2100

Oct 22, 2014
Ithaca, NY
Our new P85D is on a truck somewhere, and we'll be receiving it in the next few days. I'm wondering if it will be possible, either natively in the car, or with a program like Visible Tesla or some other app, to maintain lifetime usage stats separately for both me and my wife as drivers. I've read that a lot of people use the "A" trip meter for lifetime stats on the car, by never resetting it. I'm just wondering if there is a way to keep lifetime stats like this for both me and my wife, but separately. The car, of course, will know which one of us is driving, but I haven't seen anything written about this, so I'm thinking it's probably not something the car can do on its own. I'm hoping there's an app that can do it.

Thanks for any insight and suggestions.

There's nothing in the car's native firmware that tracks stats for different drivers; at least, nothing that gets visibility at the user interface. The car does store driver profiles for the seat, steering wheel and side mirror settings (plus some other stuff I don't care about, no doubt); the driver has to select his or her profile from the touch screen. So a third party app could keep track of driver stats is by collecting driving/usage data into buckets according to the selected driver profile, if that can be read from an external program.

There's nothing in the car's native firmware that tracks stats for different drivers; at least, nothing that gets visibility at the user interface. The car does store driver profiles for the seat, steering wheel and side mirror settings (plus some other stuff I don't care about, no doubt); the driver has to select his or her profile from the touch screen. So a third party app could keep track of driver stats is by collecting driving/usage data into buckets according to the selected driver profile, if that can be read from an external program.

Thanks.

I knew about the driver profiles, and didn't think the car natively did anything with respect to tracking driving history based on which driver was driving. I guess that could go on the long list of feature requests, if anyone else thinks it would be useful. I was just hoping some app might have already been doing this.