Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Check Tire Pressure System, Call Tesla Service"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just changed to custom rims/tires and once i drove the car i got the following message:

Does this mean the TPMS was not installed correctly? Or it means the pressure is not set up correctly?
Has anyone had this issue with their custom rims/tires? Is there a way to remove this error message?

I just changed to custom rims/tires and once i drove the car i got the following message:

Does this mean the TPMS was not installed correctly? Or it means the pressure is not set up correctly?
Has anyone had this issue with their custom rims/tires? Is there a way to remove this error message?

I've had some similar issues this year (now resolved). The service centre was able to resolve them. It will really help a lot if you have can identify the exact time when the warning message appears on your dash. Then they can pull the specific log and figure out what is going on. It seems that it can be more difficult for them to diagnose this issue without the timestamp and log.
In my case I had one sensor that needed to be replaced.

David

I had the same issue a couple of months ago. They checked remotely that the car was safe to drive (I also measured the tire pressures and they were fine.) When they took it in to check the issue (the light would come on for few hours and then go off, maybe once every other day), they finally found one defective tire sensor which they replaced. - Took them two days, since it didn't act up the first day they had it. I've had the car back for a month and the problem is solved, no more warning light.

Have you actually checked your tire pressure? In one case my actual tire pressure was too high. Filled in lower temperature and temperature a day or two later brought the actual tire pressure above 47 psi.

His alert would say "tire pressure low" when there is a tire "pressure" issue. It appears that the "system needs service". When I switched to my 21" TSportlines I came from 19" wheels and my Service Center re-programmed the thresholds for 21" specs and my alert went away. Give that a shot, however if they find a damaged sensor due to the install then you may be buying a new sensor and paying for labor. Hope this helps.

I did hit the reset TPMS button, but the error message still occurs. Anyone else have this issue still occur despite resetting TPMS

I had this. FWIW, when you get this message and go to reset TPMS, it specifically says "do not reset if you're getting the system warning."

Service found that the voltage in my wheel sensors was a little off and replaced all 4 sensors.

Have you actually checked your tire pressure? In one case my actual tire pressure was too high. Filled in lower temperature and temperature a day or two later brought the actual tire pressure above 47 psi.

My TPMS doesn't error until over 55 lb. and down below 35. Is this set by the service center? I was running 49 lb for 6 months or so, but it was so hard for the tire place to go above rated pressure that they always screwed it up, so I told them 46. The still screw it up, but not so bad. Mostly if I get a TPMS error, I check the pressure (once was 60, dumb tire place people!) adjust, and then I don't worry about it. Once had a screw in the tire, that tire was 30, plugged it. I carry a gauge since the message usually means something.

I wish the pressures were viewable as they are on most other cars with TPMS. Even my friend's Chevy Spark has viewable pressures! C'mon Tesla!

I've had this same TPS error message since I switched from my summer tires to my winter tires in late October. I've had the car to the SC a few times, and whenever we think it is fixed, it appears again. Usually after driving for 15 minutes on the highway. It actually just came on last night after going 3 weeks without it coming on.

First the SC replaced an antenna on one sensor since it wasn't communicating with the other tires. Next, they replaced the sensor. I wonder what they will do next time.
When I spoke to the Mississauga SC, they said they have had a lot of issues with TPS sensors this year.
(Most of my friends that have TPS sensors in their ICE cars say they don't work properly in their car either.)

I've had this same TPS error message since I switched from my summer tires to my winter tires in late October. I've had the car to the SC a few times, and whenever we think it is fixed, it appears again. Usually after driving for 15 minutes on the highway. It actually just came on last night after going 3 weeks without it coming on.

First the SC replaced an antenna on one sensor since it wasn't communicating with the other tires. Next, they replaced the sensor. I wonder what they will do next time.
When I spoke to the Mississauga SC, they said they have had a lot of issues with TPS sensors this year.
(Most of my friends that have TPS sensors in their ICE cars say they don't work properly in their car either.)

I had the same issue and same resolution and had to go back a second time to replace one more sensor. I'd bet the older first generation sensors in my winter tires are either going bad or running out of battery. I haven't had an error since the 3rd sensor was replaced. I never had any problems with sensors on my newer summer tires.

Hey Gang,

I am getting the same error as the OP and wanted suggestions on how to proceed. I just changed my wheels/tires to 20s from previous 21s. I got new TPMS with my wheels and had the whole setup installed at a local shop. The reset option list 19 or 21 -- so not sure I should be using that option. My car is over 18 months old, so new sensors shouldn't be the issue.