Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Driving class at PIR - anybody have experience with that?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

adiggs

Sep 25, 2012
Portland, OR
I'm looking at getting some performance driving training in the Portland area, and I'm wondering if anybody has experience. I have 0 track background, but besides sounding like fun, I would like to be a more knowledgeable and skilled driver of the Roadster (less likely to unwittingly exceed either what I or the car can do!). Ok - mostly it sounds like a lot of fun.

Anyway, I'm looking at the Car Control and Performance Driving classes offered by Pro Drive.

Things I'm wondering about and hoping to get insight on:
- anybody with personal experience of those particular offerings?
- anybody with experience tracking their Tesla at PIR? Are there options for charging throughout the day?
- other alternatives to Pro Drive?
- any other related thoughts you might have

Thanks!

I took a 2 day Pro Drive course a couple summers ago and had a blast. Cars were Formula Ford track cars and were super responsive. Instruction was great. You can add a third day and get a driving certificate as well.

I've taken classes from ProDrive-- I highly recommend them. My brother has had his S on the track at PIR-- the big issue is that you can only get a couple of laps in before the power really starts to be limited.

I believe there is a charger at PIR (maybe a Roadster charger?).

my friend is a GTR track junkie...use to run PIR but learned it in a day and is now a member at OIR (Oregon International Raceway).

I find I get more out of DE events and some of the "course" where you lead follow absolutely BORING.

If you want me to find out from my friend I can ask him what the good events are for novices.