Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger in Antelope Valley (unconfirmed, no location known)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

gaswalla

Model S,3,X.. CT with Austin delivery
Sep 23, 2012
San Diego
If you look at the updated supercharger map (Supercharger | Tesla Motors), as of today, there is a new location that seems to be on the same latitude as Tejon Ranch and Barstow, in between them. Any speculation on this future location? I'm thinking it's Lancaster or Palmdale, CA, (AKA Antelope Valley). Any smart folks in the know with better ideas?

If you look at the updated supercharger map (Supercharger | Tesla Motors), as of today, there is a new location that seems to be on the same latitude as Tejon Ranch and Barstow, in between them. Any speculation on this future location? I'm thinking it's Lancaster or Palmdale, CA, (AKA Antelope Valley). Any smart folks in the know with better ideas?

I've heard from reliable sources that there is a Supercharger on the way to Mojave, CA. Could that be what you are seeing?

Happy to have a SpC in Mojave. Just wondering why it doesn't go in at the intersection of the 14 and 395. Maybe there was no suitable location?

It looks like there might be a dot around Inyokern, which would make it reasonable for people from Orange County or the Inland Empire to charge before heading on up 395. Inyokern does not offer a lot to a passing traveler, but then neither do Quartzsite or Green River.

I would have lobbied for the brewery at Indian Springs, but that would have been too close to Mojave for those coming from the San Fernando Valley or from the Central Valley.

This thread seems to have gone off subject. Tesla website is still listing Palmdale as coming soon. Target opening in 2018
Exact timing and specific location may vary. Map shows site is located at E Palmdale Blvd, between Sierra Hwy and 8th Street E. Anyone have any further details? Palmdale, CA | Tesla

Man, you got me all excited reopening this old thread that there was news on the Palmdale supercharger.

No info that I am aware of. Folks usually find them via building permit searches with their city or city council meetings, etc. I dont think you can search Palmdale permits online, although I think you can search Lancaster ones (if it ends up in Lancaster)

There might be hope! Looks like some construction right next to the current chargepoints at the Target. Anyone feel like going to City Hall to dig up permits?
IMG_20190826_151017.jpg

Possible, but IMO it's more likely that is just to fix whatever has been holding up the activation of the ChargePoint stations. However, there's not enough info from the picture alone to say anything either way. I did see that this construction has been taking place here for a long time, seemingly without much progress. It's visible on the Google Maps streetview of the area from May: Google Maps

• Informative
Reactions: emchen
It might be a Supercharger.

1st: Electrify doesn’t have plans for one of their stations here (usually they are installed at a Target store)
2nd: it doesn’t seem that 2 ChargePoint DcQcs would need autotransformers.
3rd: Superchargers have autotransformers at all their locations, and as you know, there is currently a Supercharger shortage of some sort, so this site must have only got hold of the autotransformers.

Still, more photos would be required before I am to add this site on Supercharge Info.

It might be a Supercharger.

1st: Electrify doesn’t have plans for one of their stations here (usually they are installed at a Target store)
2nd: it doesn’t seem that 2 ChargePoint DcQcs would need autotransformers.
3rd: Superchargers have autotransformers at all their locations, and as you know, there is currently a Supercharger shortage of some sort, so this site must have only got hold of the autotransformers.

Still, more photos would be required before I am to add this site on Supercharge Info.
Where are you seeing the autotransformers? I only see 1 piece of electrical hardware in that picture--the large white cabinet right in the middle--and it's definitely part of the original ChargePoint installation.

Where are you seeing the autotransformers? I only see 1 piece of electrical hardware in that picture--the large white cabinet right in the middle--and it's definitely part of the original ChargePoint installation.
Must’ve got the name wrong. You sure all fast charging installations have these?