Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P85D Interior Photos

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Posting this thread for pictures of the P85D Interiors.

- - - Updated - - -

I drove a demo P85D today that had the Old Non Performance seats in front and back (VIN 55056) and sat in a new about to be delivered P85D (VIN 62114) that had the Next Gen seats in the Front and newer (Non Next Gen) seats in the back that have the larger headrests but not so much bolstering as the new Next Gen back seats have. Following are pictures of the new Sun Visors (with Larger Vanity Mirrors), Black Headliner and upgraded trim, and the new Next Gen front seats. *Notice the VIN range between the two cars is 7,058...

IMG_0050.JPG

IMG_0052.JPG

IMG_0051.JPG

I did not take photos of the back seats, they look the same as on the configurator for the non Next Gen seats. With respect to the Dash, in the first picture if you zoom in you can see that there is a combination of hard material and soft Alcantara. I think it looks as good as my neighbours Bently. Overall the interior is very nice with the premium interior option.

Posting this thread for pictures of the P85D Interiors.

- - - Updated - - -

I drove a demo P85D today that had the Old Non Performance seats in front and back (VIN 55056) and sat in a new about to be delivered P85D (VIN 62114) that had the Next Gen seats in the Front and newer (Non Next Gen) seats in the back that have the larger headrests but not so much bolstering as the new Next Gen back seats have. Following are pictures of the new Sun Visors (with Larger Vanity Mirrors), Black Headliner and upgraded trim, and the new Next Gen front seats. *Notice the VIN range between the two cars is 7,058...

Was the P85D that was about to be delivered going to be delivered to a friend of yours, or did they just let you sit in a random person's car?

I test drove a P85D at the DC store today. These are the rear seats. I was told they are the real P85D seats. I was clearly provided incorrect information!! Now I am pissed! My apologies for posting incorrect information.

Attachments

• DSC01339.JPG
    DSC01339.JPG
    220.2 KB · Views: 2,347
  • DSC01340.JPG
    DSC01340.JPG
    238.3 KB · Views: 2,286
Last edited:
I am thinking the rear seats in the P85D are not as bolstered as the original prerelease photos indicate. I test drove a brand new P85D at the DC store today. I took the two following photos. The rear seats look very much like the old seats. I did not do a fine detailed examination, but they are certainly not as bolstered as the originally indicated seats. I am left with the conclusion that these are the final seats for the P85D. The front seats were certainly bolstered more.

Those back seats are not the next gen seats. The vertical seam down the center of the seat is the best indication of that. Check the Teslamotors.com site to see the differences, and you will see what I mean.

I just saw someone post a photo of their newly delivered P85D with the new bolstered rear seats. I am kind of pissed the DC store people did not tell me the rear seats were old! I even told them the seats were what I was most interested in looking at in the new car. I am taking down the photos I posted. Now I am beginning to wonder if the front seats on the car I drove will even be the same as the ones being delivered to customers. Very pissed off!!! For $130,000 I better be getting at least honest information!

I just saw someone post a photo of their newly delivered P85D with the new bolstered rear seats. I am kind of pissed the DC store people did not tell me the rear seats were old! I even told them the seats were what I was most interested in looking at in the new car. I am taking down the photos I posted. Now I am beginning to wonder if the front seats on the car I drove will even be the same as the ones being delivered to customers. Very pissed off!!! For $130,000 I better be getting at least honest information!

No need to take your photos down. They were good shots of what a lot of P85D purchasers will actually be getting at first.

A lot of us are getting those seats temporarily, until the next generation seats are available, at which time they'll be swapped in.

Many of the test drive cars do have the next gen in front and the older seats that you took a picture of in the back. I think Tesla was doing that so people could try out the next gens at least a little.

There does seem to be a lot of confusion surrounding the seats, so it's possible the people you spoke to in DC were just confused themselves.

No need to take your photos down. They were good shots of what a lot of P85D purchasers will actually be getting at first.

A lot of us are getting those seats temporarily, until the next generation seats are available, at which time they'll be swapped in.

Many of the test drive cars do have the next gen in front and the older seats that you took a picture of in the back. I think Tesla was doing that so people could try out the next gens at least a little.

There does seem to be a lot of confusion surrounding the seats, so it's possible the people you spoke to in DC were just confused themselves.

But they should know better.

...i really hope this foolish confusion by tesla wont be repeated with the x. as i said earlier, SUV shoppers will be less forgiving than first-product, performance sedan buyer-cum-enthusiasts.
Don't worry... I'm sure the Model X launch will be perfect and completely free of any drama whatsoever. ;-)

- - - Updated - - -

On another note... Has anyone seen any next gen seats in anything other than black?

I test drove a P85D at the DC store today. These are the rear seats. I was told they are the real P85D seats. I was clearly provided incorrect information!! Now I am pissed! My apologies for posting incorrect information.

Wait a sec, that's all gray, no black behind the front seats or on the doors... I hope that's just some custom stuff as I prefer the black and gray combo. I have gray seats on order.