Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

REPORT: 110 000 KM with my Tesla Model S!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello everyone!

That's exact, I'm exactly at 110 000 KM! My car is better than when it was brand new (thanks to firmware updates and outstanding after sales service -- Montréal).

Only major problem is the Drive Unit replacement (but at no cost since it's covered within the infinite warranty.

IMG_6209.JPG
IMG_6420.JPG

Detailed review here (in french):

http://roulezelectrique.com/bilan-avec-ma-tesla-model-s-110000-km/

Anyone in Canada with over 100 000 KM? Please report how it goes for you!

Thats excellent. Your car looks brand new. I have also discovered service is remarkable. I said I heard a sound between 60 to 70 mph and they came and replaced my drive unit too. The updates are so cool. My maps just got updated again with 3G.

Nicely done slyastro! Very encouraging too. I can't wait to get ours, I suspect we willing putting in many many kilometers as well! We have a Leaf with about 67000KM's in 3 years, and thats city only driving. Once our Tesla arrives, all of our long distance trips will be electric, AMD the Tesla will one driven a lot!

68,411 miles to be exact...

Yes, you can be super accurate going between the scales, but each scale is based on an arbitrary dart in the wall base point. The length of the King's foot vs Equator to North pole distance divided by 39 million or some such rationalization. Which ruler would you prefer to have the teacher come after you with, might be the real question. :scared:
--

Yes, you can be super accurate going between the scales, but each scale is based on an arbitrary dart in the wall base point. The length of the King's foot vs Equator to North pole distance divided by 39 million or some such rationalization. Which ruler would you prefer to have the teacher come after you with, might be the real question. :scared:
--

Do you prefer Gunter's Chain at 22 yards, or a Metric Chain at 20 meters? They are only about a half percent different in length, but it adds up when surveying... :eek:

Gunter's chain - Wikipedia

Last edited:
Nicely done slyastro! Very encouraging too. I can't wait to get ours, I suspect we willing putting in many many kilometers as well! We have a Leaf with about 67000KM's in 3 years, and thats city only driving. Once our Tesla arrives, all of our long distance trips will be electric, AMD the Tesla will one driven a lot!

Thanks m1ker!

WOW, you're going to love it. That means that your family car fleet will be entirely ZÉRO émission?

Just out of curiosity, since Alberta's Power generation is mostly Gas and Coal, do you consider grid-tied solar panels on your roof? Or maybe you already have?

Sly

- - - Updated - - -

We had a little over 73,000 kms on our Sig Model S when we traded it in a few weeks ago...

Not bad, and how was reliability and after-sales service? Range degradation similar to mine?

Thanks m1ker!

WOW, you're going to love it. That means that your family car fleet will be entirely ZÉRO émission?

Just out of curiosity, since Alberta's Power generation is mostly Gas and Coal, do you consider grid-tied solar panels on your roof? Or maybe you already have?

Sly

- - - Updated - - -

Not bad, and how was reliability and after-sales service? Range degradation similar to mine?
We still have a truck for summer camping with our trailer, but I'd say 90% of our travel will be electric. We are definitely going to get solar on our roof. I still have 3-4 years on our pine shakes at least, and when it's time to replace, we will replace with regular shingles, and then add on solar. There is a Tesla roadster owner just outside of Calgary powering his car completely with solar generated power.

Waiting until March is going to be tough! But the timing is perfect, two supercharger sites will be online (Red Deer and Canmore) by the time our car arrives.

60,000km yesterday on my sig. Original everything but door handles and charge port door (which I broke).

Wow, that's pretty darn good for a Sig.

Mine has been rather a bit more problematic, although Tesla's excellent service certainly made up for that. I'm at only 38,000 km and have had the following replaced: drive train, touch screen, front bumper carrier, door handles three times, frunk latch, trunk latch, 3G antenna cable, pano roof, front brake rotors (noisy), UMC times three, charge port (the root cause of the UMC problems), side repeaters (flashers), and 12V battery two times. And some minor stuff like water in tail lights and wind leaks. Love the car but it's needed a little too much TLC. Definitely starting to settle down now though.

Wow, that's pretty darn good for a Sig.

Mine has been rather a bit more problematic, although Tesla's excellent service certainly made up for that. I'm at only 38,000 km and have had the following replaced: drive train, touch screen, front bumper carrier, door handles three times, frunk latch, trunk latch, 3G antenna cable, pano roof, front brake rotors (noisy), UMC times three, charge port (the root cause of the UMC problems), side repeaters (flashers), and 12V battery two times. And some minor stuff like water in tail lights and wind leaks. Love the car but it's needed a little too much TLC. Definitely starting to settle down now though.

Yikes.

Maybe it's a good thing I waited a bit. My car's serial number is about 20,000. There's 31,340 km on it now, and I have had... the charge port door replaced. (The magnet came unglued from the door. I glued it back on, but they wanted to replace the whole door just in case.)

Oh, and the glove compartment latch failed the day I got the car. They replaced the whole glove compartment (via a service ranger who happened to be in town.)

Last edited:
WOW, great CanuckS#69! Really close! And what's your verdict. How's your rated range? Reliability in general?

Range is still excellent. Reliability was lacking early on, but has been solid for quite some time now. Like many of the early Sigs, I had a bunch of niggly stuff like corrosion on the signals, squeaky pano roof, condensation in the rear trim, etc. I did have a drive unit failure and a tire pressure sensor that died. For the 49th car in Canada, though, it has been decent and Tesla has always gone above and beyond to make everything right, often proactively and in advance of a problem. The fuel savings on >100k of driving is incredible as well. I can't wait for the remaining Supercharger links to the States as I have had rental cars for long trips over the past two years. Making Montreal without a long charge stop will be awesome! Overall, I'm incredibly happy with my car as it is better than it was when I got it. I do have a bit of P85D envy since mine is a pre-P+ P with the older suspension links.