Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Got a nice surprise picking up my P85D tonight

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First, the car is absolutely AMAZING. For those who've been patiently (or more likely impatiently) waiting...you'll soon be rewarded. The car pulls SO hard it truly is hard to describe. I had a P85+ for about three weeks in September - Early October and this is on an entirely different level.

Now, the surprise. My expectations had been set by my DS that my car would have NG front seats but that the rears would be the old version (for now). I ordered my car with two sets of wheels. the 19" standard / base wheels with winter tires and 21" in dark grey with the PS2 Summer tires. The DC staff had very nicely loaded up my summer wheel set (each in their own Tesla wheel tote) into the back of my car for delivery. Upon unloading them at home, I flipped my rear seats back into position and discovered this:

20141218_030056443_iOS.jpg

:biggrin:

Here's the front NG seats, too:

front.jpg

Needless to say, I'm quite pleased.

Incidentally, the first three P85Ds in WA state were delivered today. I was second. Sending all of you good wishes for speedy delivery!

Awesome ... Congratulation!!!

How about the heated steering wheel, have you got it as well?

99% sure it's a NO on heated steering wheel. My DS has not actually not even been trained on where the control is (and there's no obvious button on the steering wheel. Personally, I'm not concerned...I never expected it.

Wow, you are the only person who has gotten the next gen seats delivered both front and back. Any idea why?

I don't know why. I do consider myself lucky though :)

Okay, I took some pictures of the seats folded down. In short they do not lay flat and, in fact, there's a lip / step from the flat rear cargo area up to the folded down seat back. I don't have much time right now but I did take some pictures and have posted them here for you all to see:

http://1drv.ms/13AYElU

Hopefully, this helps you get a sense.

Okay, I took some pictures of the seats folded down. In short they do not lay flat and, in fact, there's a lip / step from the flat rear cargo area up to the folded down seat back. I don't have much time right now but I did take some pictures and have posted them here for you all to see:

Thank you Volt!
I bet there is going to be a fair bit of grumbling from the 'internets' now... ;)

Congratulations! I think/hope you're only about a week ahead of me. Thanks for the pics, I know a lot have been asking and I've not seen the next gen fitted before in the rear... Nice surprise.

Congratulations, looks super nice!

How is the comfort of the new seats both front and back? I am a bit larger than average at 6"1 and 230lbs and am a bit concerned about the next-gen seats in terms of comfort - especially, the thigh-"wings", are they fairly soft and supple, or stiff?

Could you elaborate on what you think? Are you small/medium/large framed?

(I have a P85D that is due to be confirmed on Dec 23, so trying to figure this one out, currently have next-gen seats on the order...)

Thanks!

Congratulations, looks super nice!

How is the comfort of the new seats both front and back? I am a bit larger than average at 6"1 and 230lbs and am a bit concerned about the next-gen seats in terms of comfort - especially, the thigh-"wings", are they fairly soft and supple, or stiff?

Could you elaborate on what you think? Are you small/medium/large framed?

(I have a P85D that is due to be confirmed on Dec 23, so trying to figure this one out, currently have next-gen seats on the order...)

Thanks!

Seats are a big, big improvement. I'm also 6'1" (200 lbs). the side bolsters are firm but not overly so. They are a welcome change given the power increase and better cornering with AWD.

Hey Volt, try going to the winter options menu (where you put the heated seats on from) and tap on your steering wheel to see if anything happens. That's how you turn it on if you have it from a photo I saw earlier - give it a shot!