Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P85D 19" tire measurements?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My plan is to have the all-weather tires on my P85D replaced with summer tires since it never snows where I live. Now that there are some P85Ds in the wild, can someone post exactly what the tires on the 19" wheels are? I've heard conflicting reports about whether the 19" wheels are staggered or not, for example. I'd hate to order new tires and find out they don't fit.

This will be my first time buying performance tires. From what I can tell, a good choice is the Continental ExtremeContact DW. If that's a horrible idea, I'd love to hear why.

Assuming you have the car, you can just look. Most folks run the OE tires out and then decide because trading in new tires is a losing proposition. The tire you mention is also an all season tire, so why not just use the tires that came with the car?

Thanks for the kind and not at all condescending suggestion, but sadly I don't have the car yet so I can't just look for myself.

I'm not sure quite why you're suggesting the ExtremeContact DW is an all-season tire; can you clarify?

I missed the DW and got the DWS which is the all-season. Sorry if I came across as condescending--that' wasn't my intention. However, I still think you'd be better off running off the OE tires and then switching once you're used to the car and how it handles because you'll be in a better position to judge what you need.

Thanks for the kind and not at all condescending suggestion, but sadly I don't have the car yet so I can't just look for myself.

I'm not sure quite why you're suggesting the ExtremeContact DW is an all-season tire; can you clarify? Here's the product page, which claims otherwise. Is there reason to think it's inaccurate? Continental USA Car / Light Truck / SUV -ExtremeContactâ„¢ DW

How about not assuming the worst in members here with their posts?