Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

First thoughts on P85D acceleration, day 1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I tested Insane mode this evening at the metered lights on I-280. Waited an extra amount of time to get a clear path in front of me.

You know how when you go into to the ocean, and your muscles fight the surf's rhythm of pushing and pulling, towards shore and away from the shore; that even an hour later, on dry land, you still feel this phantom force?

That's what I feel now, even after sitting down for 15 minutes. It's still there, tugging at my cheek muscles and my scalp.

I still feel that acceleration...

a little scary. Be forewarned.

Completely agree with you Aargau. I took delivery of my P85D about three hours ago and can't wipe the grin from my face. When Jeremy Clarkson is really excited about a car's torque he'll sometimes use the word, "biblical". That's an apt choice for the P85D. I've just come from a 996 Porsche Turbo (with X50), which was no slouch at 3.7 s 0-60. this is altogether MUCH more...and I LOVE it!

I was the first person to test drive the white P85D in Toronto. All I can say is that insane is the right word.
After 4 acceleration runs I was a bit nauseous! I can't wait for mine. I agree on the traction, it was a bit damp and no wheel slip whatsoever. I invented a word about 40 years ago that other people have taken credit for, it seems appropriate here. Gription! That is the new word for the D, unbelievable gription. Feel free to use it. Lol

Oh, and the front next gen seats were awesome too.

Bravo on a memorable first post.

Why is it some people feel both the need to generalize about large populations and appear to having a burning need to correct others?

Remember the (mis)quite from George Bernard Shaw:

England and America are two countries separated by a common language.

(...note that he apparently never actually said this, but it is now entrenched in current 'knowledge')

Took a P85+ person on a test ride today. I think I made another P85D sale....

I've now gotten adept at smashing that accelerator to maximize the performance. For the very first time, I felt a little slip and catch in one or two tires, it may have been the slightly wet road.

I think the appropriate quote from Shaw regarding Tesla is:

"The
reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man."