Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Golden, BC Canada

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello all!

I didn't have my camera with me at the time I checked on the status of the SC here in Golden, BC, So pic's will come shortly!

Construction is well underway, they have 4 charger's erected atm and the SC itself is located JUST off the Trans-Canada (HWY #1). It resides within a fenced (no gate, timber frame) area across from a Travelodge w/ Indoor Pool.

Golden is split up into 2 parts; 'The Strip' which is HWY #1, holds most of the gas stations and all of the fast-food joints in town. The second part is the town itself which you descend into, nice quiet mountain-town.

I'll post some Pics in the next day or two!

Hello all!

I didn't have my camera with me at the time I checked on the status of the SC here in Golden, BC, So pic's will come shortly!

Construction is well underway, they have 4 charger's erected atm and the SC itself is located JUST off the Trans-Canada (HWY #1). It resides within a fenced (no gate, timber frame) area across from a Travelodge w/ Indoor Pool.

Golden is split up into 2 parts; 'The Strip' which is HWY #1, holds most of the gas stations and all of the fast-food joints in town. The second part is the town itself which you descend into, nice quiet mountain-town.

I'll post some Pics in the next day or two!

Looking forward to see those photo's.

Golden SuperCharger.jpg

SuperCharger Approach.jpg

Facing East @ SC Turnoff.jpg

Facing West @ SC Turnoff.jpg

Sorry for the bad quality, old phone + ms paint.

Reactions: MarcoRP
Status photos

Shawn,

Thanks. These are great, as they say a picture is worth a thousand words.

It looks like the supercharger hardware is place and the pedestals are installed. The wiring interconnections may also be done, which leave the question of status of the transformer. Given that and the wintertime construction, this one is "Coming Soon". Perhaps open in two - ?? weeks.

Vancouver owners may be able to get to Edmonton sooner than the Texans can escape their island.

The construction guys that were building it said its all done on their part, waiting on BC Hydro to replace a power pole that would feed the SC. Problem is it would take out power to the highway/homes up there for 4-6 hrs to replace the power pole and connect the SC.

Waiting for a warm day to do it, I'll try and post pics when they 'cut the ribbon'.

The construction guys that were building it said its all done on their part, waiting on BC Hydro to replace a power pole that would feed the SC. Problem is it would take out power to the highway/homes up there for 4-6 hrs to replace the power pole and connect the SC.

Waiting for a warm day to do it, I'll try and post pics when they 'cut the ribbon'.
im albsolutely stunned how fast BC tesla chargers have multiplied in the last....two months?

less than 5 months ago from today, there were zero....

very happy to see this.

ONLINE TODAY! Super excited to be partners with Tesla. They built this station at the Travelodge. Watched this station get built over the last few months. Officially glowing red today. Looking forward to seeing lots of cars here. We will be offeringn drop in swimming for any Tesla owners. With Pool, Waterslide, sauna and the model X coming soon anticipating seeing lots of family's with 45 minutes to spend.

ONLINE TODAY! Super excited to be partners with Tesla. They built this station at the Travelodge. Watched this station get built over the last few months. Officially glowing red today. Looking forward to seeing lots of cars here. We will be offeringn drop in swimming for any Tesla owners. With Pool, Waterslide, sauna and the model X coming soon anticipating seeing lots of family's with 45 minutes to spend.

Huge thankyou! For partnering with Tesla, for the communication and for the kind offer. I will definitely be staying at the Golden Travelodge next time I'm in the area! (which may not be for a while though I'm in western Canada about 2x per year)

Now I know where I'll be staying in Golden. Thanks!

Sweet! Be there in a couple of weeks!

Added this as a Listing for Golden Supercharger - on PlugShare - Golden Supercharger | Golden, BC | Electric Car Charging Station | PlugShare (using CHAdeMO & Tesla Models S HPWC Plugs as a place Holder, to show the Markers in Orange - until PlugShare Tech Support gets to update it - but - no Tesla Motors Supercharger listing yet, so will wait a day or two for that online reference!

excellent to see this supercharger online. I hope to use it many times! Really like your proactive approach to this by being part of this forum and love the drop in swimming idea. Hope to be out there soon. Please be patient if this charger takes time to really get busy. Driver numbers are really starting to increase in these parts and Golden is a pretty key stop for any trip West for us and most trips coming from the East. I guess home hardware sales may go down this year. I spent at least an hour shopping there last time I was charging at their SCH charger.

excellent to see this supercharger online. I hope to use it many times! Really like your proactive approach to this by being part of this forum and love the drop in swimming idea. Hope to be out there soon. Please be patient if this charger takes time to really get busy. Driver numbers are really starting to increase in these parts and Golden is a pretty key stop for any trip West for us and most trips coming from the East. I guess home hardware sales may go down this year. I spent at least an hour shopping there last time I was charging at their SCH charger.

2c28982dbba05322902fd7169a023375.jpg

Seen the first car charging The other day. Is a little bit of a mud pit out there. Bear with us, Tesla will be back in the spring to do some asphalting.