Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MD Calvert county commissioner blows off enforcement of ticketing cars ICEing chargin

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In Calvert county there was a legislative request to provide enforcement provisions for the unauthorized use of electric vehicle parking spaces. Aka ticket people who ICE EV charging spots.

The commissioners immediate response was to drop this request and not move forward with it because he said by the time it gets through legislation hydrogen fuel cells will surpass the use of electric vehicle charging stations. Basically he blew he whole thing off.

As I said in facebook, somebody needs to take him for a test drive in a Model S and then explain to him that the best possible theoretical efficiency of a future hydrogen fuel cell does not even come close to the efficiency of today's lithium ion battery technology. Hydrogen fuel cell cars are a joke to the industry. It's embarrassing that Toyota is in such denial. I can't wait to see how much more prevalent this becomes in 2 yrs when many more 200+ mile range EVs hit the market. These issues will surely hit the spotlight then and will force action to be taken. In the meantime, somebody really needs to educate the commissioner about current EV technology and the false dreams of toyota's fuel cell toy project.

Calvert County Maryland EV Parking Legislative Request - YouTube

I've been following the EV related legislative developments in Calvert County on my Plug In Sites blog. I just posted more details including public testimony by a Tesla owner here: Calvert County, Maryland EV Parking Legislative Update.

If the County is going to push incentives to encourage public charging stations, then they should also enact enforcement provisions to make sure those stations are not ICE'd.

Lanny