Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Perry, OK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Excellent choice for SuperCharging

Perry is a great location as it is the largest city between the OKC metro area and Wichita on I-35. Enjoy learning about Perry, OK at the Chamber of Commerce web site (the "Perry Video" is a perfect illustration of the friendly people of Oklahoma). I hope that Tesla Motors will be using the locally produced "Ditch Witch" for the underground conduit installation that will power our Model S vehicles at the SuperCharger. Looking forward to visiting Perry when driving between Denver and OKC.

Perry Chamber of Commerce - Perry, Oklahoma

Ditch Witch | Manufacturer of Trenchers, Plows, and Directional Drills

Last edited:
IMO the most important part about Perry is that it's close to Stillwater and opens up OSU game days for alumni and fans to the North and West. I will not be surprised if there are dozens of Teslas tailgating during next year's football season.

(No offense to all y'all who look forward to the transcontinental routes)

IMO the most important part about Perry is that it's close to Stillwater and opens up OSU game days for alumni and fans to the North and West. I will not be surprised if there are dozens of Teslas tailgating during next year's football season.

No offense taken! Y'all've been exceedingly patient who reside in and about Texas. :smile:

No offense taken, but given a choice between attending a game and poking a sharp stick into my eye, I'd have to do some serious thinking to decide.

Well, 'easy' might be stretching it: it's a bit of an uphill leg, so with a little headwind, cold temps or some precip it becomes a nail biter. I'd start out slow and see how things progressed (you can always speed up if your margins improve), and have an L2 charger picked out 50 miles or so short of Perry in case Plan A goes pear-shaped.

No reason to. Don't forget about Ardmore.
However, Ardmore isn't in permit stage yet (or at least it doesn't show on supercharge.info), so presumably there will be a period where there is only Denton and Perry. During that time I would have to range charge at home, drive the 15 or so miles to Denton then range charge again, and then drive to Perry. The killer is traffic in Oklahoma City. Normally I don't drive I-35 so I miss the traffic, but going on [310]77 is longer when going from Denton to Perry.

However, Ardmore isn't in permit stage yet (or at least it doesn't show on supercharge.info), so presumably there will be a period where there is only Denton and Perry. During that time I would have to range charge at home, drive the 15 or so miles to Denton then range charge again, and then drive to Perry. The killer is traffic in Oklahoma City. Normally I don't drive I-35 so I miss the traffic, but going on [310]77 is longer when going from Denton to Perry.

I think Ardmore will be completed before Denton. Just a hunch.

Ardmore doesn't have an online query system, so we really don't know what's going on there. All we get is a monthly report published a couple of weeks after month's end. The evidence we have re: Ardmore is an email from someone at Tesla

On the other hand, Denton has the most comprehensive permit inquiry system I have ever seen, and a permit has not been issued yet.

All three, Denton, Ardmore, and Perry are now showing as "coming soon" on the new Tesla map. I doubt Tesla would include a site on the coming soon map if they haven't secured a site and applied for permit.

I would phrase that as, "Tesla intends to place a Supercharger at those locations." They are in discussions in Denton, and they have chosen a site, but they have not actually applied for a permit there. I don't like to bother people, but I will see if there's any activity in Ardmore next week.

I would phrase that as, "Tesla intends to place a Supercharger at those locations." They are in discussions in Denton, and they have chosen a site, but they have not actually applied for a permit there. I don't like to bother people, but I will see if there's any activity in Ardmore next week.
I don't understand. On 11-8 you posted that a permit was applied for in Denton and gave the address and project number.