Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does Tesla provide a list of recommended electricians?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is not a complex install. Any halfway competent, qualified residential electrician should be able to do this.

^^^^ This. If you are putting in a 14-50 you can think of it as putting an electric stove in your garage--no rocket science. If you're going for the HPWC, it just takes heavier wiring and a larger breaker than the stove.

I went with JML, but to be honest I agree with the above commenters. Any half way competent electrician can do this.
Interestingly my install didn't pass inspection (plastic anti-shock tabs missing all around). His guy is supposed to come today to fix it... But only after I emailed him regarding it since didn't want to get lost in the holiday break.
Overall good clean install though but pricey.

update: the electrician came by and installed the tabs, said its the first time they've not passed inspection.

Last edited:
I used JML for my HPWC and to install a new 200 amp panel (old one was 25 years old and had some wonky switches). Other than a minor problem that was rectified quickly, I had no issues with them. They were quiet and considerate, nice guys and it was easy peasy. They were also easy to communicate with, before and after the install.

I went with JML, but to be honest I agree with the above commenters. Any half way competent electrician can do this.
Interestingly my install didn't pass inspection (plastic anti-shock tabs missing all around). His guy is supposed to come today to fix it... But only after I emailed him regarding it since didn't want to get lost in the holiday break.
Overall good clean install though but pricey.

update: the electrician came by and installed the tabs, said its the first time they've not passed inspection.

I just had JML install mine as well. What inspection are you referring to? I want to submit a government rebate, but im not sure were to call for a inspection?

I just had JML install mine as well. What inspection are you referring to? I want to submit a government rebate, but im not sure were to call for a inspection?

@AndrewKo. Jim from JML will be setting up an inspection for you. If you look at your estimate there is a line indicating '...inspection...'

Once that inspection is done, and passed, then we can submit for our rebate.

Also was it the was going to have JML install the retractor/cable assembly? GetAmped? Did you get it done, Jim sent me some pic of a similar install elsewhere. Still thinking about it.

@AndrewKo. Jim from JML will be setting up an inspection for you. If you look at your estimate there is a line indicating '...inspection...'

Once that inspection is done, and passed, then we can submit for our rebate.

Also was it the was going to have JML install the retractor/cable assembly? GetAmped? Did you get it done, Jim sent me some pic of a similar install elsewhere. Still thinking about it.

I love the retractor system, it keeps the connector head off the floor and nicely retracts the cable without any intervention. Highly recommend one. Here is a photo:
image.jpg