Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pomponazzi 880xx coating on new Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Friend Tesla getting the Pomponazzi 880xx coating done.
The car has no plate because the paperwork not done yet, he should get it today.
Tesla towed it to this place to get the coating done and they will tow it back today.
2014-12-16 19.22.55.jpg

Any feedback from other Tesla users? I have an appointment booked for mid-Jan. Quoted HKD7200. Does it need any other regular treatment? Coating said to last for a few years.

Yes I would like to hear more comments on this from those who has done it awhile ago. $7.2k doesn't worry me it's the specified/required annual treatment that will be recurring costs and possibly troublesome, e.g. booking and leaving the car there ... etc.

Any feedback from other Tesla users? I have an appointment booked for mid-Jan. Quoted HKD7200. Does it need any other regular treatment? Coating said to last for a few years.

my is over 1 year now and still going strong and no stone chips on the front

- - - Updated - - -

Yes I would like to hear more comments on this from those who has done it awhile ago. $7.2k doesn't worry me it's the specified/required annual treatment that will be recurring costs and possibly troublesome, e.g. booking and leaving the car there ... etc.
there is now annual treatment just go back once a months for car wast which cost $70 and the costing will last for 3 years

I understand they apply it to the whole car including the windows.

However, if your car has not yet been licensed, I suggest that you tell them not to apply to the front licence plate bracket as this will affect the installation of the license plate. I had this problem and Tesla had to change the bracket.

I used CQuarts Finest in the US and am very happy with it. No opinion on rock dings, as I have none yet (should not have written that!). When it rains, it seems to rinse the car off to "almost" perfectly clean. It's quite amazing.

I wonder what it does to aerodynamic drag - if it is that smooth, it could change the boundary layer and in the end, result in more drag? It's probably minor, if any.

Would like to have a coating like that, but have to elect not to do it due cost.

I've been pondering the Xpel Ultimate wrap for quite some time, but I really can't justify the HK$35-38K cost. So I'm now considering this as an alternative. The price looks right, and I'm happy to hear that they've done Teslas before (in fact, their Facebook says 20+ Teslas have made reservations for their coating). A few questions, if I may (SK1?):

1. Any sense of how well the coating does in preventing/saving "door dings"? Such as when a passenger opens the door and hits a railing (as happened to me yesterday evening) or a neighboring car in a car park hits your door.

2. Do I have to bring my car to them for the car wash every month in order to get the 3-year warranty? In other words, if I skip a month, the warranty doesn't apply anymore?!

3. For the car wash, how long does it take? Is it quick enough -- say, within 30 mins -- that I can just stay there and wait for them to finish? (For example, I was at NTI for the first time today and could stay there while they worked on my car. BTW, the people at the Lai Yip Street branch had never seen a Tesla before and tried to figure out how to start its "engine". Lucky I stayed so I could tell them there is no engine to start!)

4. Do I need to pre-book the car wash (vs. just showing up)? If so, is it easy to get the timeslots you want? (Specifically, since I work weekdays, I'd most likely take it to them on Saturdays. I note that they are closed on Sundays since I passed by them today.)

5. Can you confirm the car wash is $70 each time? (Any price increase after the New Year?) I presume it does not include the interior -- how much more to clean the interior?

Many thanks in advance! BTW, I'm presuming you're happy with the coating. Because if not, I'd obviously be very interested to hear about it!

Hi All,

Have only had it for 2 weeks so can't comment too much but so far I am happy. Won't help much in a collision. Can't comment on other minor incidents.

I don't think u have to go for wash for the warranty but makes sense to do so. I think u can just call a day in advance to book.

I've been pondering the Xpel Ultimate wrap for quite some time, but I really can't justify the HK$35-38K cost. So I'm now considering this as an alternative. The price looks right, and I'm happy to hear that they've done Teslas before (in fact, their Facebook says 20+ Teslas have made reservations for their coating). A few questions, if I may (SK1?):

1. Any sense of how well the coating does in preventing/saving "door dings"? Such as when a passenger opens the door and hits a railing (as happened to me yesterday evening) or a neighboring car in a car park hits your door.

2. Do I have to bring my car to them for the car wash every month in order to get the 3-year warranty? In other words, if I skip a month, the warranty doesn't apply anymore?!

3. For the car wash, how long does it take? Is it quick enough -- say, within 30 mins -- that I can just stay there and wait for them to finish? (For example, I was at NTI for the first time today and could stay there while they worked on my car. BTW, the people at the Lai Yip Street branch had never seen a Tesla before and tried to figure out how to start its "engine". Lucky I stayed so I could tell them there is no engine to start!)

4. Do I need to pre-book the car wash (vs. just showing up)? If so, is it easy to get the timeslots you want? (Specifically, since I work weekdays, I'd most likely take it to them on Saturdays. I note that they are closed on Sundays since I passed by them today.)

5. Can you confirm the car wash is $70 each time? (Any price increase after the New Year?) I presume it does not include the interior -- how much more to clean the interior?

Many thanks in advance! BTW, I'm presuming you're happy with the coating. Because if not, I'd obviously be very interested to hear about it!

1. this is a coating for keeping the car very glossy, protect paint and glass from acid rain or bird ****.

2. you dont have to but I go there once a month to keep it tip top and for $75 a wash that is 1 of the cheapest car wash with coating protection.

3. the fastest I had was 23mins and longest was 40min. all depends on how many staff there are at that time to wash your car.
(at 1 time I had 7 people washing my car)

4. best to phone them up and book. ( I made booking for every 1st Saturday of each month)

5. Dont know about this 1 so far it is $70

Guys if you group buy and have many cars I think you can get a big discount. like the BMW and MD clubs