Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P85D test drive in Toronto

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Guys
I just stopped in at the Lawrence location and became the first person to drive their white P85D demo that just arrived!
Most have you have probably read other reviews but all I can say is OMG! It is definitely way faster than my P85 Sig.
Literally you almost feel sick from the acceleration. It is like your equilibrium is thrown off or something.
The car has next generation black seats in the front only and they are fantastic. I liked the new steering wheel stalks.
The steering is not adjustable any more and it is a bit lighter than the sport setting. The ride was great, not too stiff.

FYI they will be sending out emails soon to book test drives. Initially being restricted to reservation holders only.
I met Scott my DS who is a great guy.
I should have my car just around Christmas, they are working right through to the New Year.

My delivery date was Dec. 22 I have been told my cars comes with the regular performance seats and they will swap the new seats in January.
I asked about slip start and was told that it will allow all the wheel to spin a bit if you need extra traction. I didn't check about the traction control button.

My delivery date was Dec. 22 I have been told my cars comes with the regular performance seats and they will swap the new seats in January.
I asked about slip start and was told that it will allow all the wheel to spin a bit if you need extra traction. I didn't check about the traction control button.
I hope I get the new seats as I did order them when my car was being built. I didn't originally order Air Suspension but they called me and said that if I didn't want it then I would be waiting until March so I changed that option.

- - - Updated - - -

My delivery date is Dec 28, still in production. Mine went in production on the same day as mrElbe. Hopefully mine will be done soon ...
I must be lucky - my num is 64874 and I went into Production on Friday and out of Production today. My Delivery date is Dec 30.

I will be very upset if the steering is lighter than the sport setting on the P85+. That's a hugely important and relevant fact that they should disclose and its counter-intuitive to what you would expect when trading up to a "sportier" car.

I think that is what has been said by test drivers. But it is possible it could feel looser since the front is pulling maybe?

Guys the steering feel did seem a bit lighter but I didn't mind it. I really didn't notice any extra noise but may have been so wrapped up in the exhilaration to notice. It wasn't something that made an impression on me so I guess that is good. I also think all of us will see our cars by month end, there will be a big shipment all at once.

Guys
I just stopped in at the Lawrence location and became the first person to drive their white P85D demo that just arrived!
Most have you have probably read other reviews but all I can say is OMG! It is definitely way faster than my P85 Sig.
Literally you almost feel sick from the acceleration. It is like your equilibrium is thrown off or something.
The car has next generation black seats in the front only and they are fantastic. I liked the new steering wheel stalks.
The steering is not adjustable any more and it is a bit lighter than the sport setting. The ride was great, not too stiff.

FYI they will be sending out emails soon to book test drives. Initially being restricted to reservation holders only.
I met Scott my DS who is a great guy.
I should have my car just around Christmas, they are working right through to the New Year.

Can I have a ride in the passenger seat for Christmas? :)

So I dropped by Lawrence and test drove a silver D this AM... Awesome is all I can say!

Didn't really hear much of any annoying noise from the front at all. The car truly does handle like its on rails, I experienced no understeer at all in hard cornering on wet surfaces, tried to kick the back out, kinda sorta but it just wouldn't let go. Had the 21 winters on (Pirelli)

I do do have to admit I kept reaching for the stick shift!

This one had the 'first iteration' of the next gen seats in front, pretty nice. And I got to experience the automatic charger door close.

Now I want mine even worse!

Grabbed some lunch with Scott, who really has been a stand up guy.

Last edited: