Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Electric Vehicle Range Calculator?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've seen one of these in the past. I think it was either a spreadsheet or a website where you can enter in variables such as the vehicle weight, drag coefficient, battery capacity, speed and elevation gain - and it will tell you how far you can go on a charge. Anyone know where I can find something like this? For that matter, maybe it would be helpful to have a topic devoted to EV calculators...

Try www.celadonapps.com: look at their Road2 prototype. This is an accurate physics-based range simulator, which has been calibrated (thanks to the inputs of several owners), for the Tesla Roadster.

The only issue is it can throw an "overheating" error on longer journeys, so you may have to break these into smaller parts.

Recommended.

Thanks for the helpful suggestions. That Road2 program would do what I want, if it wasn't limited to the Roadster - but there's no way to input custom data for another vehicle. I think it's safe to assume they will add profiles for other vehicles once they become common.

What I was hoping to find is something that would help me estimate the usable range of the Leaf from my home considering the different speed limits on the streets here. Also I live near the mountains and since going uphill uses more energy I want to know if I could make it up there on one charge. With its limited range, these things become more important. It would be nice not to have to depend on a gas-sucking vehicle for those longer weekend trips.