Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Xenon lights: water / damp inside

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

Can anyone say if it's normal to see water/damp in the Xenon lights every time I drive through rain or even just cold weather?

15416272483_1dce922427_b.jpg

16033969581_c14ccc42d1_b.jpg

15848654000_147f473a76_b.jpg

In my case, it's that bad that it does affect the performance of the lights. It sometimes feels like driving with no lights on tbh.. I booked it in for Jan 5th, with a whole list of minor issues.

I agree with m0rph, it will scatter the light more if the moisture goes far enough down the enclosure. The patch was a free service Tesla provided me and only took about an hour.

I agree with m0rph, it will scatter the light more if the moisture goes far enough down the enclosure. The patch was a free service Tesla provided me and only took about an hour.

I've only have seen the corners fog up. After the lights have fired up the heat from the light drys them out. Its only temporary for that night. Issue is when you turn them off they'll fog back up.

If the fog does consume a wider area, correct it will diffuse / scatter the light.

"The Patch" name makes the Roadster sound as if it has a serious nicotine addiction :)

The SeC told me the patches are for the non-Xenon headlights, as Xenons have 2 patches by default. But they proposed to add 2 more. Unfortunately, that didn't help one bit. Now, with only a few months of warranty left, I wonder if I need to push for new ones..

My Xenons will now be replaced under warranty. I must say, the support I'm getting from Tesla comes from another planet if I compare it with BMW! My past experiences were so bad, that today, I am already impressed by a manufacturer that acts correctly. Sick :)