Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Quick Charger in Roanoke, VA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just received this clipping from my mother in law about a Quick Charger in downtown Roanoke. For Leaf and Tesla. I'm guessing it has CHAdeMO. Not listed on Plug Share yet. Wonder if it has a Tesla cable

IMG_2849.JPG

That's great news for Leaf owners! Looking at the Eaton website, they mention work on a J1772 option for this charger. Downtown Roanoke has plenty of options for dining,etc, so that will be a nice location for I81 travelers if we ever get the Chademo adapter.

FYI the transportation museum charger mentioned in the article is about 4-5 blocks from this one, decent location for downtown charging.

We should encourage Lynchburg to do the same thing. Put one down at the Community Market or in the parking lot of one of the grocery stores, perhaps?
That's great news for Leaf owners! Looking at the Eaton website, they mention work on a J1772 option for this charger. Downtown Roanoke has plenty of options for dining,etc, so that will be a nice location for I81 travelers if we ever get the Chademo adapter.

FYI the transportation museum charger mentioned in the article is about 4-5 blocks from this one, decent location for downtown charging.

Not without a CHAdeMO adapter, which is still not available to the public outside of the closed beta trial that Tesla is running. Word from Jerome was that they would start shipping in Jan...we've got a few days left, I suppose.