Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Let's say thanks: Pizza for the factory employees

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

andrewket

Dec 20, 2012
A few of us began discussing the idea of sending pizza to the factory to express appreciation for the tireless efforts of the factory staff during the Christmas rush and the chaos that must be taking place due to the P85D seat issue. I'm splitting out this discussion from the P85D delivery and P85D blackhole threads, in the hopes of attracting a broader audience and participation.

I have reached out to Jerome to see if he thinks the idea is logistically possible, and if it can be done in a way that won't be disruptive to the factory. If he thinks it's feasible, I've asked him for a contact that I can work with to make it happen. We are currently estimating 4k employees. At 1 slice/employee, and 8 slices/pie, that's 500 pizzas. Delivery probably isn't going to work :). However, it's possible we can contract with a food truck or two to make the pizzas on-site.

I don't have any real costs yet, but ball-parking $10/pie (Costco), we need 250 people at $20 each, or 50 people at $100 (hey, I can do math!) If you're interested in participating, please respond/discuss on this thread. Once I hear back from Jerome, and/or have more information, I'll share it here as well.

I'm also looking for a co-coordinator. I will be traveling starting 12/23-24 for the rest of the year, and depending on scheduling I may need someone to take over planning from me.

Andrew

I'm in at $100. Would PayPal be an easy way to contribute?!

Probably, but I don't want to start collecting $ until I know what we're doing and how much it's going to cost. I would also want a way to either 1) easily be able to refund everyone or 2) have a charity identified (maybe the Nikola Tesla museum?) that all funds will go to if it doesn't work out for whatever reason.

Employees that worked on #64,186 will get gift cards to steakhouses of their choice. I will need a selfie with my VIN# in the background and a mailing address. ;)

Edit: Actually, that was a very limited time offer and it has just expired. Since it took over 3 weeks to produce mine, I don't want it to go back "In Production" for selfies. Pizza it is. :-D

Probably, but I don't want to start collecting $ until I know what we're doing and how much it's going to cost. I would also want a way to either 1) easily be able to refund everyone or 2) have a charity identified (maybe the Nikola Tesla museum?) that all funds will go to if it doesn't work out for whatever reason.

Just throwing this idea out there. It may not be a good one.

But if it doesn't work out for logistical reasons, might a fall-back position, short of just donating the money to the Nikola Tesla museum, be purchasing Pizza Hut (or some other national pizza chain) gift cards and then asking the contact person at Tesla to somehow distribute the cards in some random fashion? Everyone would not get one, but as long as it was a random process I imagine most people would be appreciative anyway.

Again, just an idea.

In for $200. Would love to help coordinate this. With this large of an order and some notice it probably would be easy to get a chain to make the pizzas and deliver.

What if we set up a crowd funding page for people to make donations to? Let me know what I can do to help!

Andrew: Thanks for doing this: Something to consider: It might be easier, and just as appreciated, if we sent tubs of flavored popcorn; other snack like food that you grab quick on a 10 minute/bathroom break ..even cold cut trays or sub platters.

I'm in for $100. Don't even own a Tesla, but following all the drama in the P85D thread is possibly the highlight of my year :tongue:

RT

P.S. My Kia Soul EV has a heated steering wheel! Any of you P85D owners who are inconsolable over the lack thereof, please PM me and we can work out a nice trade... :wink:

- - - Updated - - -

As mentioned previously, I'm in for a few hundred.

WK,
Glad you are finally getting your car, and I look forward to your further battery adventures.

RT

Andrew: Thanks for doing this: Something to consider: It might be easier, and just as appreciated, if we sent tubs of flavored popcorn; other snack like food that you grab quick on a 10 minute/bathroom break ..even cold cut trays or sub platters.

I agree. If Tesla is open to the idea, we'll discuss it with the contact at the factory. Party subs, snacks, etc. Cold food.

Also this is probably obvious to the organizers, but I imagine the factory works two or three shifts, so we'd want to make sure whatever we decide to deliver gets delivered once for each shift.

This is why 'flavored popcorn' or cookies/snacks might work. All delivered at one time and perhaps 'dolled out' by a supervisor for each shift.

This paints a funny picture to me...say we collect the money for the pizza...then phone some small "Mom & Pop" pizza shop in Fremont and place the order..."I'd...uh...like $7,500 of pepperoni pizza delivered to the Tesla Factory please...that's 30 minutes or free, right?:biggrin::wink:

I'm in for $100 if someone can coordinate!

This paints a funny picture to me...say we collect the money for the pizza...then phone some small "Mom & Pop" pizza shop in Fremont and place the order..."I'd...uh...like $7,500 of pepperoni pizza delivered to the Tesla Factory please...that's 30 minutes or free, right?:biggrin::wink:

I'm in for $100 if someone can coordinate!

"Oh, sorry, I forgot to mention I have a coupon."