Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger Etiquette In the UK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all, I`m collecting my car next week and I am wondering if in the UK there is an etiquette for supercharger use. Eg do users leave there phone number for the next person to contact to see wait times, or use apps that can leave scannable QR codes that can automatically tell users charge time. Or are superchargers still not used enough to be a worry yet over here?

Last edited:
Hi all, I m collecting my car next week and I am wondering if in the UK there is an etiquette for supercharger use. Eg do users leave there phone number for the next person to contact to see wait times, or use apps that can leave scannable QR codes that can automatically tell users charge time. Or are superchargers still not used enough to be a worry yet over here?

As far as I know the only issues with SC bays in the UK so far been from occasional ICEing particularly at the hotel-car-park SC sites e.g. London Hyatt. Cribbs Causeway is only 2 stalls and is in a public car park so it's possible that might get ICEd too, but I've never had any trouble getting a charge there (or anywhere else).

Leaving a note with a contact number is a good idea in any case.

Leaving a note with a contact number is a good idea in any case.

Second that. We waited for over an hour at the Crystal where someone left their car on charge. We couldn't get any real charge and eventually drove off to South Mimms to use the 22kw charger there. This was at a time when there were no other SCs available in London. It did make us annoyed as there was no way to contact the other owner who must have been fully charged by then.

• Disagree
Reactions: Yapa Drive
I made up one of these I think it tells any one waiting what they need to know to decide what to do.

Attachments

• Tesla charger timer.jpg
    Tesla charger timer.jpg
    519.6 KB · Views: 252