Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New walkthrough video of a P85D now on Tesla Motors site

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That is one frankenstein of a video. Half of the time it's an S85 and half the time it's a P58D. Watch the dash and you'll see sometimes it's a P85D (with the red letters on either side of the badging, you can pick this out even when the dash is out of focus) and half the time it's an S85. Seems like all the shots from the drivers door side are an S85 and all the shots from the passengers seat side/back seat are in a P85D. The charging portion is obviously an S85, since it has the older charge port door. Think all the other exterior shots are the P85D (though you can't tell in all cases).

Eh, they didn't talk at all about how to get the charge port open, including the ability to manually open it (seems to be appearing on some new cars). Here's how to plug it in, but we'll let you guess on how to get the port door open. And no, we won't show you how to adapt the common J1772 connector here either.

That is one frankenstein of a video. Half of the time it's an S85 and half the time it's a P58D. Watch the dash and you'll see sometimes it's a P85D (with the red letters on either side of the badging, you can pick this out even when the dash is out of focus) and half the time it's an S85. Seems like all the shots from the drivers door side are an S85 and all the shots from the passengers seat side/back seat are in a P85D. The charging portion is obviously an S85, since it has the older charge port door. Think all the other exterior shots are the P85D (though you can't tell in all cases).

This could explain the hold up for the early production P85Ds. One side of the car is an S85 and the other side a P85D. :biggrin:

Think I'll be sticking with Dan's original walkthrough, even if some bits are outdated now.

This new one doesn't have much new content and the voice-over nearly put me to sleep with its monotone text-to-speech sound.

That red D sure was pretty though. Reminded me of Lola when she was new.