Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Harrisburg, PA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone heard anything on a supercharger in the Harrisburg area recently? Last I heard in May they were expecting it this summer, but I haven't heard anything since. I assume the lack of info is not a good sign.

I would think this is a very high priority location give the proximity to Baltimore & Philly and half-way point between existing Somerset SC and soon to open Allentown SC.

Just speculation, but here are a couple of good possible locations, pretty well centrally located and near both east-west and north-south routes. There are multiple businesses and hotels in each area, some hotel chains where Tesla has already installed SC's in other areas of the country:

Harrisburg Mall, 3501 Paxton St, Harrisburg, PA
Hilton Garden Inn, 3943 Tecport Dr, Harrisburg, PA
Holiday Inn, 4021 Union Deposit Rd, Harrisburg, PA
Fairfield Inn, 1018 Briarsdale Rd, Harrisburg, PA
Sheraton, 4650 Lindle Rd, Harrisburg, PA

? Harrisburg coming soon

Don't mean to get anybody's hopes up, but on the Tesla website supercharger page, there is a gray icon that says coming soon, in the location that appears to me to be in the Harrisburg area. I don't remember seeing it before. As I try to triangulate between the existing superchargers, and the one going into Allentown, it looks to be in the correct location for Harrisburg. Of course, I could be "cartographically challenged". Someone else take a look and tell me what you think.

I thought the Harrisburg Mall was a better location, it is a little closer to the Turnpike, but this is fine too, closer to 81. I just left Harrisburg or I would check the location for progress, but am there several times a week. The Sheetz has a chademo charger and bunch of restaurants are within walking distance.