Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello everyone,

I'm Chris from Portishead near Bristol, and I own Summit Detailing.

I've had several enquiries and subsequent bookings for new car protection details in 2015 so thought it was only right that I sign up here to glean more information on the cars & of course contribute to any threads that involve cleaning/detailing.

All the best.

Chris

Hi Chris

Can you offer any information on the best sealant/wax products? I've been a big fan of Meguiars in the past (especially their Quick Detailer) but hand-massaging Swissvax Onyx after a clay clean has probably given me the best finish I've ever had on a car. What would you recommend?

Roy

Hi Chris

Can you offer any information on the best sealant/wax products? I've been a big fan of Meguiars in the past (especially their Quick Detailer) but hand-massaging Swissvax Onyx after a clay clean has probably given me the best finish I've ever had on a car. What would you recommend?

Roy

Hello Roy,

Ahh the million$ question! In truth there is no 'best' product(s).

95% of the end result is in the prep stages so in terms of paintwork, having it as defect free as possible before applying the protection product, be that a sealant, wax or 'coating'.
If you are happy with the condition of the paintwork on your car I'd recommend using a paint cleanser (britemax aio max, carchem paint cleanser) followed by an ease to use but durable wax (bilt hamber finis, finish kare 1000p or collinite 476s).

If you are looking for a low maintenance 'wash&go' type of washing routine then I'd recommend G-Techniq C1 + Exo which will offer you 12mths+ durability. This is also a good option if you do lots of miles, or the car lives outside. This can be applied by yourself but it can be fussy to apply/remove & it's not something you really want to get wrong in terms of application so you may want to look at getting a Pro to apply if you decide that's the route you's like to go down.

Hope that helps, anything else just shout :)

All the best.

Chris