Now that UK deliveries are taking place and there is a growing population of Roadsters in the country, I thought it would be interesting to know where people intend to take their cars with a view to consolidating demand and seeing if we can get organisations to sponsor the installation of chargers.
With that in mind, perhaps UK owners could help by responding with the following:
- Roughly where are you based?
- Do you intend to tour with your car or use it for longer point-to-point trips?
- If yes, which parts of the country are you interested in visiting?
- Would you rather have a fast charge stop for a long lunch, or stay overnight? Please state which for each location.
- If you would stay overnight, which mobile charging system are you using and what current can it charge at?
- How far off-route would you be prepared to go to find a charger?
- Would you pay for the facility of charging or want it as an enticement to visit a location? If you would pay, how much?
I think it's quite obvious that a charge stop or two in Lancashire or Yorkshire (say Preston or Leeds) would be useful for London to Scotland journeys, but once you get away from the trunk routes, it's not so obvious.
If you have a charger location in mind and know of a good place to spend a few hours in that area, please say that too!
European owners are welcome to answer too if you are also intending to tour the country