Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pismo Beach: New High Power Wall Charger at Kon Tiki Inn

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all, if you're planning to visit Pismo Beach, the Kon Tiki Inn in Pismo Beach, CA last month installed an 80/40amp High Powered Wall Charger that's free for guests in the evening (I think they might charge a nominal $7 during the day when their rates are higher). I'm charging at 80 amps as I type. As of this writing (December 2014), they don't mention it yet on their website at http://kontikiinn.com/ They also make it available to non-guests for the low nominal fee. Check at the front desk to arrange for the charge.

All the rooms here are ocean view. The staff is friendly, the rooms are roomy with a couch, all rooms have balconies, there's a jacuzzi, direct beach access and free breakfast in the morning.

I think it's great when hotels install HPWCs for Tesla owners. Let's support their investment!

Thanks for the advice. We traveled to Pismo Beach last week but unfortunately the Kon Tiki Inn was full. We did stay at the Cliffs Resort which has a beautiful setting on Shell Beach. It is pet friendly for those who like to travel with animals.
cliffs.jpg

They have 2 HPWC chargers (at least 40 amp) and a J1772. Charging is free for guests and includes free valet. While I NEVER valet my car, the valet here was very Tesla experienced.

IMG_3832.PNG
IMG_3831.JPG