Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: I created a document to leave on cars ICEing EV charging spots

I created a document to leave on cars ICEing EV charging spots

mod note: updated title to better reflect the subject

Once in a while I see an ICEd charging spot, and when I do, I leave one of these notes on the offending vehicle:

EV VIOLATION.pdf

Thumbnail view of the form:
    Name:  EV-VIOLATION.gif
Views: 1599
Size:  47.2 KB

I fill out the blank with their license plate number and then publish their offense and plate at Zapatag.com - Report Bad Drivers, License Plate Search and Tracking. Fold the note in thirds along the dashed lines, with the wording visible on the outside, and attach to the offending vehicle's windshield. I carry about 20 of these in my car and use them as appropriate.
    Last edited by dsm363; 2014-12-14 at 07:36 PM.
    VIN #16186 - P85, 19", tech, pano, air, MC red, black perf leather, CF decor & spoiler, parcel shelf, HPWC (available for charging - please contact me)

I created a document to leave on ICEd cars

That's pretty harsh, and is just as likely to antagonize the ICE owner as it is to modify their future behavior. I would tone down the language and would definitely not engage in the online shaming that you seem bent on achieving.

We are very early in the transition to EVs and many people don't even recognize EVs or understand what an EV is. Even here in the SF Bay Area, where there is a relatively high concentration of EVs, I meet people who ask if my Tesla also has a gas engine in it.
    S 85 Silver & Grey w/Tech, Coils, Hi-Fi Sound, Parking Sensors, Fog Lamps, Lacewood, HPWC, took delivery 12/21/13, 23K miles
    1.5 Roadster #425, "Very Orange", HPC, second owner, acquired 10/07/14, 22K miles

Blog Entries
    Uh, yeah... I think that's the wrong approach. I would take an "education" route rather than a stern criticism.
    Roadster #919, Model S #2006. Blogs The Rules of Model S Road Tripping, Cold Weather Driving
    Moderator:
    Canada, Electric Vehicles, Europe, EVents, Media, Off Topic, Roadster, Site Feedback, and Tesla Motors sections. All postings are copyrighted.

Roadster#433, Model S#S37 Cottonwood's Avatar
    Items for Sale
    It's better to be an ambassador than a policeman.
    Gather those Joules* for your Jewel!
    PLEASE NOTE: Posts are the intellectual property of the author, and are intended as part of a conversation within this forum. My words may NOT be quoted outside this forum, without my expressed consent.
    *One MegaJoule is approximately one rated mile of energy, a wonderfully obscure coincidence.

Name:  200.gif
Views: 1127
Size:  95.3 KB
    Tesla Model S CHAdeMO Adapter Loaners Website
    2013 S60 (P09xxx) | Blue | Tan Leather | Tech | Pano | Air | Sound | 19's | Supercharge | Front Camera (mod) | Lighted T (mod)

Unless the charging spot is very well signed telling ICE cars not to park there, most ICEing will be out of ignorance, not maliciousness. Let's not create enemies.
    60 kWh | Green | Tan Leather | Obeche Matte | Tech Package | Pano Roof | Supercharging | Parcel Shelf

Roadster #1144 + Sig 114 dsm363's Avatar
    In the end you really have no idea of why the person parked there so their intent doesn't matter. It's easy to assume the worst but the remedy lies in legislation protecting those spots and allowing the proper people to ticket offending cars.
    Moderator - Model S, Mountain/Southwest, Texas, Northwest, Off Topic forums
    PLEASE NOTE: Posts are the copyrighted intellectual property of the author, and are intended as part of a conversation within this forum. My words may NOT be quoted outside this forum, without my expressed consent.

Good idea, poor execution. Just state the facts and keep the emotion out of it. I'd focus on the fact that they could be reported and towed (if that is indeed true) and phrase in an FYI kind of tone rather than a threatening one.
    P85 | Grey | Tan Leather | Obeche Gloss | 19" Primacy | Tech Pkg | Parking Sensors |Ultra Sound| Fog Lights | Parcel Shelf | Pana Roof | Air Suspension | Ordered 9/4/13 | Confirmed 9/8/13 | In Production 10/17/13 | Delivery Date 10/24/13

I appreciate the comments. If you don't like it, don't use it. I created this for people like me who want to send a message, not for those who consider themselves ambassadors and want to have a conversation with an individual who willfully ignored the needs of other drivers as well as the posted signage. I'm less forgiving of such things. Different strokes for different folks. It's here for those who share my frustration and want to give back.

Enjoy.
    VIN #16186 - P85, 19", tech, pano, air, MC red, black perf leather, CF decor & spoiler, parcel shelf, HPWC (available for charging - please contact me)

So far, seven out of seven responses indicate that your document is likely to cause more problems than solve the problem you are trying to address. Obviously you disagree. Let us know how it goes...
    S 85 Silver & Grey w/Tech, Coils, Hi-Fi Sound, Parking Sensors, Fog Lamps, Lacewood, HPWC, took delivery 12/21/13, 23K miles
    1.5 Roadster #425, "Very Orange", HPC, second owner, acquired 10/07/14, 22K miles

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information