Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Revision F Battery Pack?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I took the Factory tour yesterday. While we were at the Chasis 1 line there was a stack of battery packs. There was a 8x10 sheet of paper attached to the stack that was labeled "Rev F."

When I got home I verified my new P85 has the Rev E pack.

Probably a ton of subtle differences, although likely nothing major.

On the B and A packs I have seen photos of dismantled, the BMS boards on the modules were hard wired to each set of cells, where on the D-packs they have plug in connectors on the BMS boards.

Someone should point MarcG in the direction of this thread. With his brand new P85D he could at least keep that theory alive, or kill instantly if he has the E-pack.

Btw, where is this "theory" coming from?

The hypothesis is likely due to the additional current the P85D requires for two motors when using insane mode.

The hypothesis is likely due to the additional current the P85D requires for two motors when using insane mode.
Yes so I assumed as well, but was more thinking if there was some more substantial background info that this was based on. Other than the 480KW-screenshots of the speedo.

ah well, I guess we will soon know if MarcG or others with a fresh P85D has the E or F.

Someone should point MarcG in the direction of this thread. With his brand new P85D he could at least keep that theory alive, or kill instantly if he has the E-pack.

Sorry guys, I've had this on my to-do list of things to check. Just took a picture of it and I'm afraid the theory dies here:

IMG_5198.jpg