Page 1 of 58 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: First P85D adopters stuck in black hole

First P85D adopters stuck in black hole

Hopefully the title isn't too emotive but I feel that there needs to be somewhere for those of us that are stuck in limbo (better word?). But this I mean:

• ordered very early
    • build started in first 2-3 weeks of P85D production
    • still stuck in build or completion
    • absolutely nobody knows where are cars are or what is happening (many different stories but none that make sense - seats has been suggested but my only recent information is that our cars will not have the new seats anyway)
    • we have missed out on at least one new feature that will be in cars that will almost certainly be delivered before ours

for some, the clock is ticking for others like myself we are looking at reordering.

Anyone welcome but but anyone who might characterize our issues and concerns as whining should probably give this a miss.
    P85D Ordered |Blue Metallic| Black Interior- Next Gen | Carbon Fiber |Black Headliner| 21" Grey Wheels | All options except rear facing seats | VIN: 69359

I am with you. Been in production since the 24th... I am thinking about ordering a 2015 car and bailing on this one. VIN 64,186. Ordered the car at the reveal event in LA.
    P85D, SigX #8xx

Quote Originally Posted by AMN View Post
    I am with you. Been in production since the 24th... I am thinking about ordering a 2015 car and bailing on this one. VIN 64,186. Ordered the car at the reveal event in LA.
    I have already started to initiate this process. Glad I am not trying for 2014; however, even if we do, I thi maybe a collective letter to Jerome or others might be in order. I'm feeling we early adopters deserve some kind of explanation/apology.
    P85D Ordered |Blue Metallic| Black Interior- Next Gen | Carbon Fiber |Black Headliner| 21" Grey Wheels | All options except rear facing seats | VIN: 69359

Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Mike and I'm an irritated P85D orderer. Ordered 10/10, went into production on 11/24, scheduled delivery week of 12/8, still "in production" on 12/13. Recently told that despite all this waiting I won't even be getting the seats I ordered until sometime next year.

Honestly worried that there is something "wrong" with my car that they will "patch" or "fix" and it won't be like a flawless car directly off the assembly line. Without any better explanation from Tesla, this type of speculation is to be expected.

Seriously Tesla? Trying to rush something to market that isn't ready yet. Over promise, under deliver - that's the motto.
    2013 Model S P85+ (VIN 13226) Traded in on...
    2014 Model S P85D (VIN 64272) Delivered 12/26/2014

I'm a long time Tesla owner, supporter, and shareholder, and one of the first to order a P85D (after watching a live stream of the unveiling), and I, too, am a frustrated P85D orderer stuck in limbo.

I've been through this song and dance with Tesla before - I waited over a year for my first Model S only to have Tesla offer me a shot at a December 2012 delivery and then fall through and not get me the car until January 2013.

Here we are potentially again.

Last time though I had considerably more patience and tolerance for this. Tesla was a younger, smaller company building it's first car from scratch and I felt compelled to get off gas and into an EV. From my point of view, getting into a Tesla was something I needed to do and I was willing to wait.

This time, getting into a P85D is far from a need. This is entirely about a want. It's an emotional decision, completely unnecessary, and frankly rather impractical. But it was exciting and fun. That's starting to vaporize and the reality and inconvenience of the situation is starting to take hold.

I'm seriously considering canceling my want and just continuing to enjoy my need.
    Model S P85 1/17/13, sold 12/23/14. Black, Black, 21" greys, carbon, sound, tech, pano, jump seats.
    Model S P85D Delivered 12/22/14. Red, Black, 21" greys, carbon, sound, tech, pano, jump seats.
    Model X Sig #1242 and regular #3801

With zero communications I can't help but feel the same as the OP. Also what is up with the highly promoted "Auto Pilot" that is not being delivered active with the P85D or any other 85 for that matter? MarcG who received his P85D confirmed that he only has speed warnings and lane departure warnings, no lane keeping, blind spot monitoring or adaptive cruise control. Were the demo videos real that were showing these features? Why are we not going to receive what we ordered the car for?
    "Silver Bullet" P85D | Silver Metallic on Black| 21" Silver Turbine Wheels + 19" Hakka R2 Winters | All Options except 3rd Row, pending Next Gen Seats | 3M Ventureshield Full Hood, Full Front & Mirrors | VIN Assigned: 11/01/14 (63,041) | Delivered: 12/29/14

Ordered 10/10 and ... "In Production" since 12/1...have not received "the letter" from Jerome that others did...have not received one inbound call from anyone at Tesla...Next Gen seats will be installed after delivery (whenever that is). When I call DS I get various vague answers about the seat issue and final inspection being done very thoroughly. I too am concerned about the issue that Tesla does not want to tell me about and am seriously considering cancelling and reordering.
    I'm curious to know if anyone has done that, what the process is and whether they have been given a delivery date on the reordered vehicle. Given I don't have a delivery date, a reorder may provide a faster means to the end.

Items for Sale
    Thanks for starting this thread. I was scheduled for 12/4 delivery. Now in limbo. Jerome replied and said they intend to deliver car by the end of month. I don't have any travel plans so that works for me, but based on the original 12/4 date I have already sold my P85 and my loan has been funded (check in my possession) and I'm paying interest so a little annoyed about that. Tesla did provide me a free car rental so I have something to commute with.
    P85D | Pearl White | 19" Cyclone | Black Recaro Seats | Carbon Fiber | Premium Interior | Black Alcantara | Pano Roof | Tech with Autopilot | Air Suspension | Subzero | UHFS | Twin Chargers | Rear Seats | Spoiler | Full Xpel | OptiCoat | Photosync 75/55/55/35
    VIN 64179 | Ordered: 10/11 | Production Start: 11/21 | Production Complete: 12/15 | Delivery: 12/17

First P85D adopters stuck in bLack hole

Quote Originally Posted by gpetti View Post
    I have already started to initiate this process. Glad I am not trying for 2014; however, even if we do, I thi maybe a collective letter to Jerome or others might be in order. I'm feeling we early adopters deserve some kind of explanation/apology.
    I feel the same. Companies should be treating early adopters very well. I owned a Roadster, a Sig P85, ordered my P85D the first day... In prod since Nov 26th... And now I wait. I'm going on vacation in Florida on the 28th and not even sure I'll have my car by then. So getting a 2014 car in 2015 with unknown build history.
    Model S P85 - Disclaimer: Comments posted are the copyrighted intellectual property of the author, and are intended for use only within the Tesla Motors Club discussion forums. Content may not be quoted by any third party outside these forums without expressed permission.

I'm in a similar boat. Car has been sitting "In Production" for weeks with no update or explanation.

Then I received a call asking to receive the car with the wrong seats, with a promise to retrofit.

Also went into prod. right before heated steering wheel option was introduced -- "yes I was happy with the car when I ordered it", but *only* because the tesla rep promised me no heated steering wheel option was in the works (why don't they just tell the reps to say "i have no idea whats in the pipeline" because anything else is a lie).

Overall I'm pretty unhappy, and will be canceling my order on Monday. $140k for a beta car that has assembly line troubles, the wrong seats, and outdated options compared to cars currently on the line is just unacceptable.

If they allow me to reorder and transfer my balance, I will do that. If they don't, I'm going to dispute the $2500 with my CC company (which I *can* do because they're attempting to deliver a product that I did *not* order, eg the car with the wrong seats).

The whole thing is somewhat sad and I think there's a collective "stockholm syndrome" with some forum posters that have the attitude "I suffered when getting my car, so you shouldn't complain about suffering!" -- it's a 140k purchase. They need to get their act together, period. Some of us have spouses who aren't huge "Tesla enthusiasts" and this sort of sales experience just makes them look like they aren't a professional organization.

Sorry for the harshness, but it's my opinion. I'm sure many will disagree, but you all should be happy, as by canceling my order you might get your car sooner =)

I just feel sad for whoever gets the frankenstein monster they ran down the assembly line for my order. Who knows what other problems these cars have (obviously not just the seats otherwise those w/ older seats would have gotten delivery yet).

Quote Originally Posted by NOLA_Mike View Post
    Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Mike and I'm an irritated P85D orderer. Ordered 10/10, went into production on 11/24, scheduled delivery week of 12/8, still "in production" on 12/13. Recently told that despite all this waiting I won't even be getting the seats I ordered until sometime next year.

Honestly worried that there is something "wrong" with my car that they will "patch" or "fix" and it won't be like a flawless car directly off the assembly line. Without any better explanation from Tesla, this type of speculation is to be expected.

Seriously Tesla? Trying to rush something to market that isn't ready yet. Over promise, under deliver - that's the motto.

Thread Information