Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

First Delivery P85D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Pretty sure that wasn't the 1st delivery of a P85D

That was the first delivery to a forum member. The videos were made by forum member MarcG, who has been actively posting in a number of the P85D threads, including the P85D Delivery and Tracking thread: Tracking P85D delivery thread

He has been enormously helpful, as evidenced by the fact that he took the time and made the effort to video his delivery walk through.

As Mayhemm says, the current software will vibrate the steering wheel three times and a small amount of noise is generated with this if it senses lane departure. This is selectable. The car will also either chime or show a miniature speed limit sign when you go too fast. This is selectable for 0-30 mph above the posted limit. (Relative). The other choice (absolute) warns if you go faster than a preset limit such as 80 mph. Again selectable.

Agreed. I do not call the two new functions you describe "Auto Pilot" and Tesla doesn't either. Auto Pilot is not yet released although currently produced cars, since sometime in late September (?), have the necessary hardware.

I would not even call ACC "Auto Pilot".

Depends on what you mean by "autopilot".

I believe it (and other new Model S) already includes simple active safety functions such as Speed Limit Monitoring and Lane Departure Warning.

More complicated functions like ACC and autonomous lane changes will be rolled out later.

MarcG +100 Great Video's thanks for taking the time to make them for us all. One thing to try. Your heated side mirrors should be tied to your rear window defrost. So go to your cold weather tab in Controls and see if your side mirrors turn red when you turn on the rear defrost at the bottom of the screen in climate control area. �� Contratulations on your Delivery! My one year annerversary for owning My Model S 85 is in 2 days and this has been the best year of Driving I have ever Experienced! Enjoy! Have you gone "insane" yet? It must be impressive!

Last edited:
Great videos, Marc! Thanks for shooting them.

I even learned a few things (such as the cover for the "smuggler's hold" in the truck fitting down inside it).

Does anyone know if you can tap a non-automatic charge port door to open it? My HPWC button is very unreliable for opening the charge port and being able to just tap it open would be very handy.

MarcG +100 Great Video's thanks for taking the time to make them for us all. One thing to try. Your heated side mirrors should be tied to your rear window defrost. So go to your cold weather tab in Controls and see if your side mirrors turn red when you turn on the rear defrost at the bottom of the screen in climate control area. �� Contratulations on your Delivery! My one year annerversary for owning My Model S 85 is in 2 days and this has been the best year of Driving I have ever Experienced! Enjoy! Have you gone "insane" yet? It must be impressive!

Glad you enjoyed the walk-through. Thanks for the tip on the side view mirrors! I'll be sure to give that a try. And yes, I have definitely gone "insane" several times.. I don't think it will ever get old!

- - - Updated - - -

Great videos, Marc! Thanks for shooting them.

I even learned a few things (such as the cover for the "smuggler's hold" in the truck fitting down inside it).

Does anyone know if you can tap a non-automatic charge port door to open it? My HPWC button is very unreliable for opening the charge port and being able to just tap it open would be very handy.

Happy to help out. Yes, the charge port can now be opened by just tapping on the lower-left edge of it with a finger or two. Very handy, no more need to get back in the car to open it from the screen!

I forgot his name, but this is the representative who did my walk through in Dec. 2013. Watching if he's made any refinements to his presentation, but looks like he really has grown into the role and hope he continues on a career path there.