Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ability to edit old posts expires

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah, we've have a few abuses lately that caused us to revisit the infinite edit policy. Many forums give an hour to edit, we currently have it set as a day. Also agree that the software isn't great in some areas.

If you had a thread were you were regulating updating a post with new info, use the report post feature and explain the situation. We can add a wiki post to the thread for that purpose.

Yea I'm gonna go on record and say that I don't agree with this change. I don't think that one person or a few ppl should ruin it for everyone else. Editing old posts is something many of us do legitimately. I don't like seeing feature regressions like this :( it's definitely a step backward for TMC.

Yea I'm gonna go on record and say that I don't agree with this change. I don't think that one person or a few ppl should ruin it for everyone else. Editing old posts is something many of us do legitimately. I don't like seeing feature regressions like this :( it's definitely a step backward for TMC.

Going to have to agree. When/if it is abused by the few, mods should just undo the changes and lock the thread/post of the abuser.