Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Yet another good reason to install a dash cam

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
She said it was my fault so the cop did not ticket her as he said no eye witness and conflicting stories on what happened.

No he would not even look at the dash cam video.

Only light damage I have Xpel and it did save some paint but still its gonna cost me a $500 deductible

Wheel Damage.jpg
Rear 1_4 Panel Damage.jpg

[video]https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10204369922942663&set=vb.1067838924&type=2&theater[/video]

She said it was my fault so the cop did not ticket her as he said no eye witness and conflicting stories on what happened.

No he would not even look at the dash cam video.

Only light damage I have Xpel and it did save some paint but still its gonna cost me a $500 deductible

Irritating that the police officer wouldn't look at evidence on the scene, but this shouldn't cost you anything once you give this video to your insurance company. I'm sure they have very good lawyers on the payroll. Should be all on her insurance company, whether a ticket was issued or not.

Yer the photo does not really show the whole picture there is a dent in the rear 1/4 panel but I read Standardcodes grief

And I'm grateful that it was not a lot worse, it just pissed me off especially as I just spent 3 hours waxing and polishing WGAF and she was looking like a $1M

That's a bummer. It's quite clear from the video that you are on a straight path and the other driver drifts to the right and swipes you. Her fault and not much doubt. I hope your insurance company accepts the video.

In my accident (a 4-way stop sign) my dash cam shows that it clearly was my fault. I didn't even mention the video to my insurance company:)

If I were you, I would go down to the police station where the officer was based out of, and very politely demand to speak with the officer's superior. It is unacceptable that they refused to look at evidence.

South Florida is loaded with idiot drivers, and it's worth the effort to try and get some off the road.

I'm very surprised the cop would not look at a video the showed how an accident happened. That is just rediculous. You should report the officer's incompetence at the same time you provide the video evidence to your insurance company. The video leaves no doubt.

Im glad you are both ok as that could have been a lot worse.

Did the police officer complete an accident report or did he tell you to complete and submit it? If he directed you to complete one -- and usually when there are there are no injuries that is what is done -- then there is no obligation on him to review the video. I agree he should have but the other side of the argument is that the police are too busy with more important matters than to be obligated to watch videos over traffic violations. However, if he completed an accident report then he must conduct a proper investigation which, arguably, includes viewing the video.

Well, keep in mind that a traffic cop on the scene isn't necessarily going to do a ton of investigation and try to "solve" an issue. His primary focus is probably something like:
1. Make sure everyone's ok
2. Make sure both parties aren't going to attack each other :)
3. Get the scene documented, get things reported, ensure involved parties are held responsible to followup
4. Get everyone off the shoulder and keep traffic moving.

Glad everyone is ok and glad you got in on camera, hopefully should make things easier for insurance.

Hmm... yeah that dash cam front placement is pretty bad. Might make more sense to have it in the upper passenger side corner so it could see more of the left side... I have a spare one of those front/rear cams I plan on putting in my P85D if it ever gets delivered, so I'll have to figure something out for this.

I like the placement on my P85. Can see perfectly everything up front.

It was OK till I got the ME a couple of months ago and as I had not checked the viewing angle since the install I did not realize the obstructed view, when I get the car back I will try rearranging the mounting positions.

I also want to cut a small hole in the rear tint to allow the camera a clear view as the tint dims the image.

Another issue is the rear is not true HD I think there is another company out there that has the same setup but with a HD rear camera

The good thing is my issues should help others in placement and tint issues with Dash Cams.

It was OK till I got the ME a couple of months ago and as I had not checked the viewing angle since the install I did not realize the obstructed view, when I get the car back I will try rearranging the mounting positions.

I also want to cut a small hole in the rear tint to allow the camera a clear view as the tint dims the image.

Another issue is the rear is not true HD I think there is another company out there that has the same setup but with a HD rear camera

The good thing is my issues should help others in placement and tint issues with Dash Cams.

How are you liking the Mobileye? I'm considering having one installed.