Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Uh...Bug Report?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I tried out the bug report capability of voice recognition today, for the first time. My nav route was not correctly rendering, although the Navigon map was drawing correctly.

First, I should preface this by saying that voice control works for me about 95% of the time. It's been very reliable.

Anyway, I held down the voice button and said "Bug Report"...then followed with a 30 second description of the bug. When I let up...after the processing message, I received "Recording unclear".

Ok. So maybe I didn't say it clearly.

Again, I say "Bug Report..." And follow it with my 30 second description. Again, after processing I get "Recording Unclear".

Ugh. OK. Maybe I'm supposed to just say "Bug Report", then describe the bug as a second step. So I say "Bug Report", let up on the button, and afer processing I get "Thanks for your feedback!"

Ok. So now I've sent an empty bug report to Tesla. Clearly you're supposed to say it all at once (as I initially believed).

So I try it one more time. "Bug report, [30 second description]."

Processing.

Recording Unclear.

I've now spent 1.5 minutes describing the same bug over and over again with no success, even though other voice commands work almost all the time for me.

All I could conclude is that Google Voice or Tesla has trouble dealing with longer voice messages. The whole process left me frustrated, wishing I could do a bug report on the bug reporting system.

Has anyone had success with this? Maybe you just need your bug description to be fast and vague?

you can snap a screenshot of the dash by holding the lower right button on the steering wheel for about 5 seconds (no notification or indication that screenshot has been taken). Then you can send an email to Tesla and tell them what when it occurred and they can pull the screenshot and diagnose the problem.

I can't even get voice to understand my contact names (non-typical names or foreign names)

What bug reporting system?

Bottom of the release notes for v6.0

• New Feedback Voice Command: There is a new voice command to help you provide feedback. Say“Note”, “Report”, “Bug note”, or “Bug report” followed by your brief comments. The car will capture asnapshot of your system, including screenshots of the two displays. Tesla will review these notesperiodically and use them to continue improving Model S.
    To initiate a voice command, press and hold the upper right steering wheel button. Wait for the toneand then speak your command while continuing to hold the button down. Then release the buttonwhen you’re finished speaking.

I've had the center screen nav draw bug show up twice. First time was in Oct, and I forgot about the bug report feature and just rebooted the screen. But it showed up again earlier this week. I ended up filing 3 reports -- all successful.

1) I just said bug report and though I'd be prompted for more info... But I just got the thanks for your feedback message.
2) I said bug report with a short explanation of "nav not drawing route line" -- and it took.
3) about 10 min later, I noticed that traffic wasn't updating on newer sections of the map, so I reported that also -- again similar short explanation and it also took.

I rebooted once I got to the office and it's been fine since,,l

perhaps a 30 second description is too long?

What bug reporting system?
I think woof meant what system did apacheguy resort to reporting in

Well, so my initial description of the traffic lines bug was about 30 s long. Then I got so frustrated saying it over and over that I finally said something like "Bug report - There is a bug in your bug reporting software." I then realized after that went right through that they needed to be quick and snappy.

I think woof meant what system did apacheguy resort to reporting in
Exactly!

Well, so my initial description of the traffic lines bug was about 30 s long. Then I got so frustrated saying it over and over that I finally said something like "Bug report - There is a bug in your bug reporting software." I then realized after that went right through that they needed to be quick and snappy.
Ah, so you used the bug reporting system to report a bug in the bug reporting system. Now it is clear! (And quite recursive).