Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Am I crazy? - No Longer Available

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Am I crazy?

Brand New P85D for sale or trade for a Tesla vehicle only.

White,
Pano Roof,
Black Next Generation Seats,
Air Suspension,
Tech Package,
19" Wheels,
Red Caliper,
Sticker 119K.

Questions? E-mail Lecheng at gmail.

List Date: 12/12/2014

For more info, click here to view the original listing: Am I crazy?
--------------------------------------
This item is no longer available.

browseformore.png
--------------------------------------
tesla-motors-club.gif

Mobile friendly version: Am I crazy?

Go Mobile: Download the free Panjo iOS app now!

Attachments

• bandicam 2014-12-11 17-12-16-853.jpg
    bandicam 2014-12-11 17-12-16-853.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 1,543
Last edited:
A) You want to buy a P85D or you want to buy any Tesla vehicle?

B)Or you have a P85D for sale and you'd like to either buy or trade it for some other Tesla vehicle that isn't a P85D, like an S60, or a P85+, or an S85?

The correct answer is B.

- - - Updated - - -

If you have a Tesla vehicle, you can trade it in with Tesla or with me.

Is my English that bad?

I will not consider ICE trade ins.

So, to make is simple and something everyone can understand.

You have a P85D for sale for 116k + shipping and you are willing to entertain offers of a Tesla car to be traded for sale P85D for sale.

Asking questions in the title under the for sale section never ends well.

My impression is that say you just took delivery of a P85D and you are offering it for sale or are willing to trade it for a less expensive Model S and of course you will need to receive some additional money to make up the difference in value between your new P85D and the Model S you are taking in trade.

Yes, that sounds kind of crazy.

Why are you doing this?

Do you have the P85D in your possession or not?

Are you taking the Federal tax credit on the P85D? If you are, then your sale price is more than what it would cost someone to order one and take the credit themselves.

My impression is that say you just took delivery of a P85D and you are offering it for sale or are willing to trade it for a less expensive Model S and of course you will need to receive some additional money to make up the difference in value between your new P85D and the Model S you are taking in trade.

Yes, that sounds kind of crazy.

Why are you doing this?

Do you have the P85D in your possession or not?

Are you taking the Federal tax credit on the P85D? If you are, then your sale price is more than what it would cost someone to order one and take the credit themselves.

The next batch of P85Ds will be available in late Feb if you place an order now. For those crazier than me, they're willing to pay more to cut down wait time.

I remember a pal here taking a $40K hit for driving 5000 miles in a new P85+. I just wish the buyer of my P85D would feel better selling his/her car
to me than selling it back to Tesla.

I will claim the federal rebate, and the sale price will be a bit higher due to supply/demand curves.

Kinda sounded like one of those bad used car commercials that say "prices so low the boss says we have lost our mind! Are we crazy?!"

Are you the real "Crazy Eddie"? I know was from New York and it appears you are too. Possibly just a coincidence.... But I do see some similarities.

And one more because the holidays are here:

Yes! This is what I meant! I'm a California guy, but every place has these guys lol. :biggrin:

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you the real "Crazy Eddie"?
I bought a tape deck and a CD player from Crazy Eddie back in college (late 80's). Those commercials were legendary (that's not Eddie in them). So were Eddie's scams: Crazy Eddie - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Oh, and I'm not a CPA, but the instructions for Form 8936, "Qualified Plug-in Electric Drive Motor Vehicle Credit" state: "The following requirements must be met to qualify for the credit ... You acquired the vehicle for use ... and not for resale", so the OP has clearly stated his intention to violate IRS regulations with this transaction. Good luck with that.

Last edited: