Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Prescheduled, recurring local meet-ups in Plantation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Larry Chanin

President, Florida Tesla Enthusiasts
Aug 22, 2011
Sarasota, Florida
At our last club event a club member suggested that we pursue the idea of prescheduled, recurring local meet-ups. The concept would be that once a month there would be a standing tentative meet-up at a restaurant that local members could periodically attend as their schedules permitted. These types of events would be geared for smaller, localized groups and would fill in between the larger, regional or statewide events that I assist in organizing. The general concept is being discussed at Prescheduled Recurring club meet-ups

This thread is intended to specifically discuss recurring meet-ups near Plantation or the Southeast Region of our club.

Steve Webb (Chairman of the Southeast Region Events Committee) would like to kick this off by suggesting initial meet-ups in the Plantation area. As you may know the Plantation City Council approved a Supercharger location in the Fountains Shopping Mall. When it is operational meet-up locations near this Supercharger Station would facilitate attendance from members throughout the Southeast Region. Eventually we hope to add additional meet-up locations in the Southeast Region to make attending convenient to more members.

If you are interested in pursuing this concept we need your feedback.

Preferred frequency of meet-ups
As mentioned the concept is to permit members the opportunity of meeting on a monthly basis. We don’t expect you to attend monthly, but you would have the opportunity to attend each month as your schedule permits. Nevertheless, there was some concern expressed that monthly might be too frequent.

So the question is, would you like to be offered the opportunity to meet monthly or quarterly?

Please select which of the options listed below that you prefer, or you can rank the options in order of preference.

OPTION 1:
Lunch (12:00pm) at Duffy’s Sports Bar & Grill (Plantation). We would have a standing schedule to meet for lunch on the second Saturday either every month, or second Saturday at the beginning of each quarter.
OPTION 2:
Happy hour from 4-7pm with option to have dinner at Bokampers (Plantation). We would have a standing schedule to meet from 4 to 7 pm on the second Friday of the month, or the second Friday at the beginning of each quarter.
OPTION 3:
Dinner 6:00 pm at Carrabass’ Italian Grille (Plantation). We would have a standing schedule to meet for diner on the second Saturday either every month, or the second Saturday at the beginning of each quarter.
OPTION 4:
We would alternate among the options above.

Based on the responses I receive, we plan to pursue one of these options starting next year.

Again, we are not asking for a firm commitment to attend every one of these functions. We know that is not possible.

If you have other ideas or questions please let us know.

I have sent out a mass emailing to our Southeast Region membership soliciting their preferences.

I would like to invite further discussion and suggestions here on TMC. If you are not a club member you are still welcome to join us at these events and I would welcome any comments that you have by posting here. If you are interested in joining our Florida Tesla club, please click on the link in my signature.

Thanks.

Larry​