Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Santa Barbara, California Service Center

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just heard that the likely location for the Santa Barbara service center is going to be the Volvo Dealership at 400 Hitchcock Way, Santa Barbara, CA 93105. A friend called Volvo at that location trying to buy a new car and they told her she would have to go to San Luis Obispo to buy it as they were closing down and Tesla was moving in.

The web site for the Volvo dealership in Santa Barbara still shows up on Google searches, but is no longer active and has no redirects.

Time Frame is unknown. Here's hoping that it is actually coming true as the drive to Van Nuys is a bit far.

Headline contains the usual error: it's a Service Center, not a "Dealership".
Well, it contains both a showroom and service center, so "Service Center" is not correct either. Probably just going with "Showroom and Service Center" would be best, but headlines have space restrictions. "Dealership" isn't a bad choice to communicate that cars will be both sold and serviced there.

Nothing much is happening yet. I took some photos, though. I am due for my annual service and I called--was told the center may be open by April. Sure doesn't look like it!

Tesla showroom to be (8).JPG
Tesla showroom to be (4).JPG
Tesla showroom to be (2).JPG
Tesla showroom to be (6).JPG

Tesla had a presence at SB Earth day this weekend, and here's what we learned:

-- The service center should start construction soon, with a goal of opening by June.
-- In the meantime, a pop-up store run out of containers should open in the next few weeks across from the main bus station.

These are of course unverified, but something.

Tesla had a presence at SB Earth day this weekend, and here's what we learned:

-- The service center should start construction soon, with a goal of opening by June.
-- In the meantime, a pop-up store run out of containers should open in the next few weeks across from the main bus station.

These are of course unverified, but something.
Tesla Showroom Santa Barbara (1).JPG
Tesla Showroom Santa Barbara (3).JPG
Tesla Showroom Santa Barbara (4).JPG
Tesla Showroom Santa Barbara (5).JPG
Tesla Showroom Santa Barbara (6).JPG
Tesla Showroom Santa Barbara (7).JPG
Tesla Showroom Santa Barbara (8).JPG

Fengshui told me he suspected that work had started, so I went by this morning on the way to the office. Sure enough, work is well underway!

I also went to the supposed 'temporary' building next to the Bus Station on Carrillo Street, and nothing is happening. Actually, less than nothing.

I received this email today from Tesla. I live in Ventura, only 20 minutes south of Santa Barbara.:

"Tesla is excited to announce our first US pop-up location in Santa Barbara, and we would like to invite you to celebrate with us during our Grand Opening weekend.

Our location, open for just a month, will showcase the award-winning Model S. Voted Consumer Reports' best overall car two years running and top pick in Consumer Reports' owner satisfaction survey two years in a row, it sets a new standard for luxury and performance driving.

We'll have a full Design Studio onsite where you can configure and order your perfect Model S. We're also pleased to be able to offer test drives from the store, simply click below to schedule and a Tesla representative will be in touch to confirm your appointment.

Event Hours
Friday: 11am–6pm | Saturday–Sunday: 11am–8pm

WHEN
May 22-25 | 11am - 8pm
WHERE
34 W Carrillo Street
Santa Barbara, CA 93101

I received this email today from Tesla. I live in Ventura, only 20 minutes south of Santa Barbara.:

"Tesla is excited to announce our first US pop-up location in Santa Barbara, and we would like to invite you to celebrate with us during our Grand Opening weekend.

Our location, open for just a month, will showcase the award-winning Model S. Voted Consumer Reports' best overall car two years running and top pick in Consumer Reports' owner satisfaction survey two years in a row, it sets a new standard for luxury and performance driving.

We'll have a full Design Studio onsite where you can configure and order your perfect Model S. We're also pleased to be able to offer test drives from the store, simply click below to schedule and a Tesla representative will be in touch to confirm your appointment.

Event Hours
Friday: 11am–6pm | Saturday–Sunday: 11am–8pm

WHEN
May 22-25 | 11am - 8pm
WHERE
34 W Carrillo Street
Santa Barbara, CA 93101

Hrumpff!!! I live only 3 miles from the 'pop up' location--and Tesla never bothered to tell me! :tongue:

34 West Carrillo is the old abandoned Bus Station. I was told the 'pop up' would be in the empty parking lot next door. I went by last week and it was a complete messy pit. It is now all cleaned up with a truck behind that looks like it may contain what the 'pop up' will be built with.

I went by the site for the Service Center and Showroom on Hitchcock last week and little progress can be seen over the last couple of weeks.

I just got my car back from Van Nuys after its annual service--it will sure be nice to have it done in Santa Barbara in the future!

Temp Tesla Store (2).JPG
Temp Tesla Store (3).JPG
Temp Tesla Store (4).JPG
Temp Tesla Store (5).JPG

The new temporary store is open! Tonight until about 7 I'm told and then the weekend. It will be here a month. The permanent showroom and service center to open this summer. Here is a photo of what the temporary store looks like. It comes folded up on a flatbed truck.

mobile-store-tesla_large (2).jpg

Smorgasbord and I visited the Pop up store 2 hours before it closed and was packed up to take away for good. We visited the Showroom and are told on good authority that it will open 'soon'--whatever that means. Here are some photos--so they are making progress. Note the box addressed to 'Telsa!'

Showroom buildout Tesla  (1).JPG
Showroom buildout Tesla  (2).JPG
Showroom buildout Tesla  (4).JPG
Showroom buildout Tesla  (5).JPG
Showroom buildout Tesla  (6).JPG
Showroom buildout Tesla  (7).JPG
Showroom buildout Tesla  (8).JPG
Showroom buildout Tesla  (9).JPG
Showroom buildout Tesla  (10).JPG
Showroom buildout Tesla  (11).JPG
Showroom buildout Tesla  (12).JPG
Showroom buildout Tesla  (14).JPG