Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X at North American International Auto Show?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was wondering if Tesla will be at the NAIAS this year with the Model X.

There re was earlier speculation that they would show the X there, but that was prior to the latest delays. I am sure they have the product to show, but depends on if they want to create more demand for it or not I guess.

It has been 2 years since we have really seen the X in public... Except for the TV Show Extent... And that was nothing new really.

anyone have other infor or thoughts... Almost considering going to the show..:)

Tesla does not have a press conference scheduled for NAIAS, so a debut seems unlikely barring a Tesla-run event prior to the show. The floor plan has not been released yet so I cannot confirm if Tesla will still be appearing as they have in past years. If they do still have a booth and do not show the Model X, I think it will be a bad sign that the beta units are not as far along as they would like us to believe.

Tesla does not have a press conference scheduled for NAIAS, so a debut seems unlikely barring a Tesla-run event prior to the show. The floor plan has not been released yet so I cannot confirm if Tesla will still be appearing as they have in past years. If they do still have a booth and do not show the Model X, I think it will be a bad sign that the beta units are not as far along as they would like us to believe.

Given the pummeling of Tesla's stock and negative press recently, I wouldn't be disappointed with a nice announcement at the show. As you'll recall, last year we got a real gem for investors

I also wouldn't be disappointed if Tesla does a reveal soon on the "production intent" model x (alpha etc) and has model X and model D on display at the show.

Elon is speaking at the Automotive News World Conference on the 13th in Detroit, so that may include any content that would have been presented at a press conference: World Congress -- Automotive News

Last year their press conference was pretty low key, so I can understand that they'd skip one this year. That said, they had projected showing a prototype Model 3 at the 2015 NAIAS, so who knows.....

Elon is speaking at the Automotive News World Conference on the 13th in Detroit, so that may include any content that would have been presented at a press conference: World Congress -- Automotive News

Last year their press conference was pretty low key, so I can understand that they'd skip one this year. That said, they had projected showing a prototype Model 3 at the 2015 NAIAS, so who knows.....
I don't believe he was in Detroit last year, it was Jerome, Franz, maybe others. Perhaps bodes well for some X news.

I did ask, and receive, a copy of the floor plan. I tried to copy and past it here last night. No luck. If you PM me an email address I will forward it to you. Tesla has a small area (they don't need a big one) that is about 1/5 the size of the Audi, MB AMG and BMW ones that are very close. They sit next to Bentley.

I did ask, and receive, a copy of the floor plan. I tried to copy and past it here last night. No luck. If you PM me an email address I will forward it to you. Tesla has a small area (they don't need a big one) that is about 1/5 the size of the Audi, MB AMG and BMW ones that are very close. They sit next to Bentley.
Thanks for confirming, that sounds like the same space they are usually in.

As for all the people who think Tesla should use the show to do nothing but protest, I don't see the benefit of that. It's the one week of the year where Tesla CAN actively market to Michigan residents, and they should make the most of it.

Thanks for confirming, that sounds like the same space they are usually in.

As for all the people who think Tesla should use the show to do nothing but protest, I don't see the benefit of that. It's the one week of the year where Tesla CAN actively market to Michigan residents, and they should make the most of it.

There would be more benefit than could be quantified. First, nowhere else could you find such hysterical irony in all the world. Secondly, it's a perfect way to market to not just Michigan, but also Texas, Arizona, New Jersey, North Carolina, Massachusetts, (keep adding to that list of American states that have some sort of restriction to out right ban on Tesla). The amount of media such a display would garner would be invaluable, not just to Tesla, but to the entire EV movement. There would be no better marketing.

It only needs space for a large sign saying "Made in the USA. Banned in Michigan."

excellent idea. the only thing better is a big white box with the banner on it. then just before 'media day' ends to pull the box up to display a prototype of the model3 or the production X; painted in white with the same message on it :)

Here you go, two ways.

http://naias.com/media/54721/2015-Floorplan-for-Website-11-14.pdf

Screen Shot 2014-12-14 at 8.13.42 AM.png