Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cory Johnson gets it wrong - again!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have to give Cory the thumbs up for taking on the dealership associations when they tried to cut Tesla out of New Jersey. It wasn't perfect, but he tried at least.

***This is incorrect. SteveG3 pointed out that it was Matt Miller, not Cory Johnson, that did the expose'.***

Last edited:
I have to give Cory the thumbs up for taking on the dealership associations when they tried to cut Tesla out of New Jersey. It wasn't perfect, but he tried at least.

Grendal, I am quite confident that the Bloomberg reporter you are thinking of was Matt Miller, not Cory Johnson. Who knows the reason, but at every turn Cory always spins something negative about Tesla, often based on false statements. One of his colleagues even commented on air last month along these lines... saying to another anchor ~"I told you not to get Cory started on Tesla."

Grendal, I am quite confident that the Bloomberg reporter you are thinking of was Matt Miller, not Cory Johnson. Who knows the reason, but at every turn Cory always spins something negative about Tesla, often based on false statements. One of his colleagues even commented on air last month along these lines... saying to another anchor ~"I told you not to get Cory started on Tesla."

You are so right! I can't believe I transposed those two. I'll have to go back and put something in. Thanks.

Not a video, but Corey gets his jibs on Tesla in this radio interview. It's funny that Corey doesn't refer to himself as a critic spreading FUD about Tesla, but rather an objective journalist pointing out "uncomfortable truths" about Tesla. What's interesting is that he thinks Tesla and Solar City are selling cars and panels less than company cost, overtly stating that they are committing fraud...
Cory starts at 5:17 http://media.bloomberg.com/bb/avfile/vqS57RNsJHlw.mp3

Not a video, but Corey gets his jibs on Tesla in this radio interview. It's funny that Corey doesn't refer to himself as a critic spreading FUD about Tesla, but rather an objective journalist pointing out "uncomfortable truths" about Tesla. What's interesting is that he thinks Tesla and Solar City are selling cars and panels less than company cost, overtly stating that they are committing fraud...
Cory starts at 5:17 http://media.bloomberg.com/bb/avfile/vqS57RNsJHlw.mp3

Liar, liar pants on fire

Bloomberg's credibility is compromised by this turkey. Makes one have serious doubts about the veracity of all of Bloomberg's reporting. They should hand him a pink slip.

Agreed. I don't mind his comments about Tesla's unprofitability, many critics do so. What is alarming in this interview is that he's stating Tesla is lying about the profit margins on their product, AND Solar City's products, saying that both companies are selling below cost, which is way, way different than saying both companies are not profitable. He's basically accusing Tesla and SolarCity of lying on their quarterly reports.

Cory Johnson and FUD

Check out this Cory Johnson vid interviewing an experimental battery researcher that has a contract w/the DOE
Tesla's Software Update Aims to End `Range Anxiety’ - Bloomberg Business
What is wrong with this guy? During a seemingly innocuous interview he uses every opportunity to take a shot at Tesla. Why?

- - - Updated - - -

[video]http://www.bloomberg.com/news/videos/2015-03-18/tesla-s-musk-promises-to-end-range-anxiety-[/video]
Ha! Elon Musk did block Cory Johnson from his twitter! @2:05 of interview
Go Elon!