Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Got Email from Tesla requesting to pay for car (HAWAII)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Guys,
I just got an email from Tesla, and my tesla page changed to accept payment. Do I send the payment now? Or can I wait till I go down to pick up the car with a check. I feel a little funny about sending so much money with no car in hand, or is it the way its done? What was everyone elses experience.
Thanks!
Ross

Hi Guys,
I just got an email from Tesla, and my tesla page changed to accept payment. Do I send the payment now? Or can I wait till I go down to pick up the car with a check. I feel a little funny about sending so much money with no car in hand, or is it the way its done? What was everyone elses experience.
Thanks!
Ross

Its just saying you can pay. If you get financing squared away you can have them apply the payment. Otherwise just bring any $$ to the final delivery.

Hi Guys,
Thanks!
Ross

I financed mine so the check was sent to Tesla before it left the factory. Waited almost a month to get the car because of shipping issues so wasn't too happy that the clock started ticking on the car loan. There have been cars at the SC that weren't taken at delivery due to financing issues, so guess you can pay when you pick up.

Thats exactly what I was thinking too. I'll try get a more accurate date before I send in the money.

I financed mine so the check was sent to Tesla before it left the factory. Waited almost a month to get the car because of shipping issues so wasn't too happy that the clock started ticking on the car loan. There have been cars at the SC that weren't taken at delivery due to financing issues, so guess you can pay when you pick up.

In Arizona you have to pay for the car before they will even ship it. You cannot 'buy' the car in the state. Check your local laws.

Good point. When I got my car, Tesla didn't have a sales license in Hawaii yet so that's why I had to pay before shipping it. Now that they have their sales license, maybe the process is different.

I wired mine to Tesla after receiving the notice. A little unnerving, wiring that much money to a bank account at Wells Fargo.. I triple checked the account number when doing the wire. It definitely would be good if the dealership license changes the payment requirements.

Hi Guys,
Thanks!
Ross

Ross, First, what applies to AZ or OH or VA may have no bearing on how its done in Hawaii. I am confident the folks in AZ, OH and VA know what works there.

And even current owners may not have the most recent process accurate since Tesla has their Hawaii dealers.
Tesla wants you to have the car you ordered. They are not going to do you wrong. You have the complete VIN, so you will get the car with that VIN.

We all paid for or authorized payment to Tesla before we put our okole in the driver's seat. Don't worry. Pay them.
Pay them before nanimac or I get to the SC and get your PD before you can. :)

Ross, First, what applies to AZ or OH or VA may have no bearing on how its done in Hawaii. I am confident the folks in AZ, OH and VA know what works there.

And even current owners may not have the most recent process accurate since Tesla has their Hawaii dealers.
Tesla wants you to have the car you ordered. They are not going to do you wrong. You have the complete VIN, so you will get the car with that VIN.

We all paid for or authorized payment to Tesla before we put our okole in the driver's seat. Don't worry. Pay them.
Pay them before nanimac or I get to the SC and get your PD before you can. :)

LOL, I can just imagine going down to the SC and them telling me sorry we sold your car. Heres your 2500 back!
I just called and emailed my DS today so I wait a day or two to see what she has to say. I'll let you guys know what she tells me.
BTW did everyone work with Catherine Shelburn as their DS?

LOL, I can just imagine going down to the SC and them telling me sorry we sold your car. Heres your 2500 back!
I just called and emailed my DS today so I wait a day or two to see what she has to say. I'll let you guys know what she tells me.
BTW did everyone work with Catherine Shelburn as their DS?

Catherine is a new name to me. But that doesn't mean she's new. My first DS was nearly two years ago. And my second was 15 months ago. But the DS's are usually at the HQ, so they may rotate DS personnel as needed. If you get an email that links you to their e-documents for final payments, we highly recommend proceeding. They will also want pictures of your driver's license and insurance card before they start the final paperwork.

Ross,

Sad to say, you have to make the payment before Tesla will put the car on the ship to us. you should have gotten an email form Catherine detailing the process, which includes this statement - *Note that your final paperwork must be signed and final payment made before Tesla will be able to ship your Model S to the Honolulu Service Center. Please make final payment by December 9[SUP]th[/SUP].*

[FONT=Calibri, sans-serif]Yes, for me, My payment was DUE yesterday!!! I Paid last week, and coincidentally, it went into production the next day, and completed production yesterday... (yes I did many Happy dances)

Mine should be here sometime around the 22nd.

Yes, reading threads here and on the Tesla website, a lot of people pay the same day as pick up or as they state after inspecting the car, we don't have that choice.

[/FONT]

I just got off phone with Catherine, she told me that I could make final payment when I pick up car. She also told me there was a delay in production and shipping and she thinks there is a possibility that delivery wont be in dec. I did not get an email about having to pay for the car before it ships. My delivery date was 17-22nd. I went over all the emails from Catherine and didnt get anything about making final payment by a certain date either.

I'm kinda new here, but welcome to to the forum!
Ross

I just got off phone with Catherine, she told me that I could make final payment when I pick up car. She also told me there was a delay in production and shipping and she thinks there is a possibility that delivery wont be in dec. I did not get an email about having to pay for the car before it ships. My delivery date was 17-22nd. I went over all the emails from Catherine and didnt get anything about making final payment by a certain date either.

Bummer on it maybe not getting here this month...I think the most teslanxiety time is when you know the car is done and at the dock to be shipped. We used to be able to check the app and know when it was out of reach (on the ocean) and then in Honolulu (car connects to app). I think they disable it now though so the wait is even harder..

Grats to G'sinHawaii and drrhm! The anxiety must be killing you (it did for most of us anyway). Bummers on the delay there, Ross, but at least they've started delivering the D on the mainland, which means things are finally moving along.

Bummer on it maybe not getting here this month...I think the most teslanxiety time is when you know the car is done and at the dock to be shipped. We used to be able to check the app and know when it was out of reach (on the ocean) and then in Honolulu (car connects to app). I think they disable it now though so the wait is even harder..
Why does everyone forget that you can track the Matson ships as they transit from Oakland to LA to Hawaii. they didn't even have an app when I had my car shipped and I knew it was sitting on the dock in Oakland an extra week while I waited for Santa to bring it to me. It finally ended up being that New Year's little brat in the diaper that got me my car.:tongue: this January it will have been two years that I have had my car.:love:

Why does everyone forget that you can track the Matson ships as they transit from Oakland to LA to Hawaii. they didn't even have an app when I had my car shipped and I knew it was sitting on the dock in Oakland an extra week while I waited for Santa to bring it to me. It finally ended up being that New Year's little brat in the diaper that got me my car.:tongue: this January it will have been two years that I have had my car.:love:

Don't they use Pasha too?

I tried that first. My Tesla guy was unable to provide any information as to what boat it was on or whether it even got on the boat.

GsinHawaii, Welcome to the forum. Glad to have you here to help us show off our cars. Tell us a little about yourself and your car...

Ross,

Sad to say, you have to make the payment before Tesla will put the car on the ship to us. you should have gotten an email form Catherine detailing the process, which includes this statement - *Note that your final paperwork must be signed and final payment made before Tesla will be able to ship your Model S to the Honolulu Service Center. Please make final payment by December 9[SUP]th[/SUP].*

Yes, for me, My payment was DUE yesterday!!! I Paid last week, and coincidentally, it went into production the next day, and completed production yesterday... (yes I did many Happy dances)

Mine should be here sometime around the 22nd.

Yes, reading threads here and on the Tesla website, a lot of people pay the same day as pick up or as they state after inspecting the car, we don't have that choice.