Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Interior trunk lights and door lock questions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A few questions. Maybe I just don't get it or find them :)

1) Are there lights for the trunks. When I open the rear hatch and front hatch there is no light. Is it a setting? Or simply no light?

2) When I pull up to let someone in the passenger seat, I have to open my door so it presents the outer handle for the passenger. I know I can use the touch pad and "unlock" the doors but is that the only way other then opening the drivers door?

Thanks!

1) Are there lights for the trunks. When I open the rear hatch and front hatch there is no light. Is it a setting? Or simply no light?

2) When I pull up to let someone in the passenger seat, I have to open my door so it presents the outer handle for the passenger. I know I can use the touch pad and "unlock" the doors but is that the only way other then opening the drivers door?

Thanks!

1) you should have a light on the lift gate. If you have premium lighting, you'll have additional anemic lighting on the rear trunk walls on either side of the gate. It's fairly easy to replace the lights with LED arrays.

2) no, that's it

Yes, right in the liftgate - although it's not particularly bright. Don't remember about the frunk

I just put it in park, tapping the end of the gear selector, which also makes sure the car won't move while they're getting in or out.