Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Auburn, AL

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This makes a great deal of sense to me even though i would selfishly benefit more from a N/S I-65 route.

Ditto. Nashville and Louisville will be very useful. And Birmingham. Some means of connecting Greenville without having to go through Atlanta.

Greenville to Auburn is approximately 100 miles and another 110 miles to Atlanta.

Greenville to Birmingham is 135 miles. Birmingham to Nashville is 192 miles. While its possible in the short term it would be natural to put another midpoint in Athens or Decatur AL. Either Athens or Decatur is 140 miles from the Chattanooga Supercharger so this not only provides a north/south link but adds to an east/west link Chattanooga to Memphis.

I think Greenville's appearance suggests Tesla has been thinking something like described above and realized Montgomery just wasn't a practical place for a Supercharger for people to get places with.

I grabbed two of those pics from the Facebook link above, juuuust in case Tesla makes ITS take them down ...

tesla-auburn1.jpg
tesla-auburn2.jpg

Pjfranks -

With all due respect, what "things" are you talking about? I have been NJ to BOS, NJ to FLA and now NJ to NOLA, and have stopped at about 30 superchargers. This has to be among the worst locations I have ever seen. And no excuse, given that is was just built six months ago. It's over three miles off the Interstate and near what? A McDonalds and a Mall? There are at least three locations closer to I85, at either exit, with a varierty of restaurants and hotels. Either Tesla couldn't make a deal with any of these better sites, or had no clue about this site.

Pjfranks -

With all due respect, what "things" are you talking about? I have been NJ to BOS, NJ to FLA and now NJ to NOLA, and have stopped at about 30 superchargers. This has to be among the worst locations I have ever seen. And no excuse, given that is was just built six months ago. It's over three miles off the Interstate and near what? A McDonalds and a Mall? There are at least three locations closer to I85, at either exit, with a varierty of restaurants and hotels. Either Tesla couldn't make a deal with any of these better sites, or had no clue about this site.

Amen, location is awful. The nav even routed me back to the interstate through Auburn's campus, which added an extra 20 minutes to my detour due to traffic and a closed road for a street festival.

The supercharger was fast though, charging at a rate of about 360mph.

Pjfranks -

I know this was posted several years ago so it has probably changed since this was posted, but eating places in closer walking distance than the McDonald's includes...

In the mall: Chick-fil-a, Ole Times Country Buffet & Bar-B-Que
Outside the mall: Applebees, Starbucks, Krispy Kreme, Barberitos Southwestern Grille & Cantina
Across the street/off Opelika Rd: Red Lobster, Waffle House, Savanh Thai Kitchen, QPOT (hot pot)

Perhaps Tesla had a better clue than was apparent at the time, especially comparing this site to charging stations at many Tesla stores ;) And tbh, I'd rather eat at any of these places over McDonald's, except maybe Krispy Kreme.

I know this was posted several years ago so it has probably changed since this was posted, but eating places in closer walking distance than the McDonald's includes...

In the mall: Chick-fil-a, Ole Times Country Buffet & Bar-B-Que
Outside the mall: Applebees, Starbucks, Krispy Kreme, Barberitos Southwestern Grille & Cantina
Across the street/off Opelika Rd: Red Lobster, Waffle House, Savanh Thai Kitchen, QPOT (hot pot)

Perhaps Tesla had a better clue than was apparent at the time, especially comparing this site to charging stations at many Tesla stores ;) And tbh, I'd rather eat at any of these places over McDonald's, except maybe Krispy Kreme.
I'd still rather eat at somewhere in TigerTown vs. the dead mall. Also, TigerTown is on I-85, as opposed to 10-15 minutes off the interstate.

Off the top of my head, TigerTown has a BurgerFi, Taziki's, Newk's, BW3, CFA, Moe's, Jersey Mike's, Chicken Salad Chick, Olive Garden, El Patron, Arby's, Longhorn, MK Asian Kitchen...and there's a Target and a Kroger. Much better than the mall. Upside is the only thing ICEing charging stalls at the mall are tumbleweeds.

Edit: Not off the top of my head, there's also a Which Wich, Waffle House, McDonalds, Chipotle, Panda Express, Cook Out, Full Moon BBQ, Brick Oven Pizza, Kabuki Japanese steakhouse, Zaxby's, Subway and two Starbucks.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1speed