Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Greenville, AL

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Tesla Motors map shows a super charger at the Hampton Inn in Greenville, AL. However, searching the Greenville paper for Tesla yielded no hits and I didn't see any hits searching this website. Has anyone been by there? I expected Montgomery but not Greenville.

The Tesla Motors map shows a super charger at the Hampton Inn in Greenville, AL. However, searching the Greenville paper for Tesla yielded no hits and I didn't see any hits searching this website. Has anyone been by there? I expected Montgomery but not Greenville.

A little birdy had told a TMC forum member that one was coming to Greenville (also to Auburn and Mobile) but nobody knew the specific location or visited the construction site.

Cool! It sure does! Its on the http://www.teslamotors.com/findus#/...ice,supercharger&place=greenvillesupercharger "Find Us" page and on the http://www.teslamotors.com/supercharger page.

Somehow I too don't believe it. Too good to be true. Too sudden.

229 miles from me. Risky. Too far to attempt on a lark.

Mobile to Montgomery is too far at 169 miles. Greenville is perfect at 126 miles from Mobile.

but now Atlanta to Greenville, AL is too far at 206
The dots really only indicate potential routes and I would look around Auburn, AL for the missing SC. That'll keep Tim Cook happy...

In fact, there is a permit issued to Instrument Technical Service for Village Mall, 1627 Opelika Rd. ITS built the Greenville, AL, SC, so this is almost certainly your next Alabama SuperCharger.

http://www.auburnalabama.org/PSDir/codes/2014 Construction Reports/November 2014.pdf

Oh, and pictures of the Greenville, AL *AND* Auburn, AL Superchargers from ITS: https://www.facebook.com/InstTechServ

Last edited:
I just visited today from Mobile and everything looks great! The location is convenient and not hard to find, right off of I-65 in the back of the Hampton Inn parking lot. I just wish this was live when I went to the Auburn game a few weeks back!
rsz_1206141520.jpg

Nicest Supercharger between New Orleans and Atlanta. Close to the interstate and well-landscaped. It's a short walk to Wintzell's Oyster House, which is an offshoot of the famous Wintzell's in Mobile, AL. I am a Louisiana boy and snobbish about my seafood, but I have to admit that Wintzell's oysters and hot sauce are both fantastic. On our way back, we stayed at the hotel, which was nice and clean and friendly.

My wife and I just took our 2013 P85 (acquired pre owned 7K and 6 months ago) on its first road trip from ATL to Baton Rouge for the game. Stopped in Auburn, Greenville AL, Mobile and our final destination the SC off Perkins Rd in Baton Rouge. All the SC's were very well maintained with nice landscaping, close to food/bathroom facilities and all felt safe. Greenville was our favorite as it is off a service road with easy access to and from the interstate. It was very easy to find in the back corner of a Hampton Inn. It would be a very good overnight stop. Cracker Barrel is steps away. The only long segment of our trip was the Mobile to Baton Rouge. You would definitely want to begin that with a full charge as it is about 200 miles. One thing we learned was to allow more like 50 - 60 mile margin instead of 30 to next destination when a full charge is not required. That only takes a few more minutes on an SC but well worth it.

In early March I'm planning to travel back from Florida and stop at this SC on my way back to Toronto via Nashville TN. There doesn't seem to be any direct way to get from Greenville to the Nashville SC. Checking Plugshare and other sites, I still can't figure out how I can do this without a big detour.

I welcome any advice from anyone who's ever tried to do this route. I just bought a CHAdeMO adapter in case that opens up some choices for me, but not all CHAdeMO chargers play nice with Teslas from what I read.

thanks!

CHAdeMO at Nissan dealers in Hoover and Decatur work just fine at nearly 50 kW with the Tesla adapter.

Sad there is no progress on Supercharger in Birmingham.

Is my understanding Huntsville/Decatur was to get one at a mall to be built at intersection of I-65 and I-565 which is at least a year behind start of construction. Sad because that would be a good link in the chain from Chattanooga (albeit 150 miles) to Memphis while at the same time linking Birmingham to Nashville.